Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMathematically speaking, yes.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2723245&mesg_id=2723318
2723318, Mathematically speaking, yes.
Posted by allStah, Mon Oct-12-20 04:13 PM
Numbers don’t lie. Ratings, revenue, and sponsorship are dominated by the NFL, and it doesn’t depend on any foreign element for it to flourish. A lot of the NBA’s revenue come from overseas, specifically China. This is why the league was highly pressed when China banned the TV distribution of NBA games in its country.

My favorite sports are actual soccer and baseball, but I enjoy football and basketball as well. Actually, my huge viewership of football and basketball is for fantasy and betting purposes.

Basketball is the most intimate sport, and the players have a greater connection with its fans, and the league APPEARS to be concerned with social and community issues more than any other league. However, Football is a religion, where it is basically worshipped all weekend when in season. Only other sport greater than that is soccer, and that’s overseas.

One of the main problems with the NBA is that teams are handicapped because of the star system. Stern focked up the league in a way by marketing players over marketing teams, so if a team doesn’t have star players, no one will watch the team.

Football will never have that issue, because fans follow teams and not players ...You’re proof of that, because you follow a player and not a team...which keeps the league down.