Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt's not really a stretch.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2722410&mesg_id=2722651
2722651, It's not really a stretch.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Oct-07-20 06:34 PM
They're comparable defenders imo, and Davis is a notably better shooter.

I think Giannis absolutely had the better season this year, and Davis absolutely had the better playoffs. If you think AD's playoff performance hinges on Bron, I'd point out that, in his previous playoff appearances with the Pels, AD's stats *improved* during the playoffs from his regular season. He steps it up for the playoffs, it's pretty hard to deny. (Giannis's stats have dipped notably in the playoffs the last two seasons. You can blame the teammates, whose stats also dipped some, or you can blame the lack of a jumper-- it just is what it is.)

I think if you think Giannis's teammates aren't very good (which I know you don't) and you put high value on alpha dog status (which I know you do), then it makes sense if you think Giannis is definitely better. I think Giannis's teammates are really good together, and AD's usage rate isn't *that* much lower than it was on the Pelicans tbh... so I wouldn't dismiss anyone who said AD is better than Giannis.