Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDocumentary talk: season 2 of Leeds on amazon
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2721905&mesg_id=2722399
2722399, Documentary talk: season 2 of Leeds on amazon
Posted by calminvasion, Tue Oct-06-20 11:45 AM
On principal, I’ve avoided the Flashy promo driven stuff for larger teams: juve, city, the Jose one with his new team.

But I’ve been somewhat late to the party with the redemption of fallen “Giants“ joints, and have absolutely loved them:

- I binged the two seasons of Sunderland till I die over a couple weeks during the early days of Covid, and I loved it. The personalities, the sadness of it all. Incredibly gripping, I was hoping for more. Had a “last chance U” feel. Wish they were doing more. But would be happy to see it redone in a similar setting but different league 1 or championship team. But with no fans in stadiums, it’s just Not the same

- Leeds on Amazon: just within the last tweet weeks did I finally break into this one. Enjoyed season 1. Not as much as Sunderland, possible because I knew where the story was headed, eventually to a happy ending. That said, season 2 was well done. Just two episodes, very compressed. Episode 1 is everything before Covid shutdown, is ok but skippable, episode 2 is Covid and after and is great. Did a great job of capturing the release and euphoria of making it back to EPL.