Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectsince they played on Thursday, let me say this about the Bees:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2720720&mesg_id=2720782
2720782, since they played on Thursday, let me say this about the Bees:
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Sep-20-20 09:54 PM
good win.

they have elite running with Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, and Thursday night they proved it.
it was good to see OBJ actually get some catches in (including a TD).
defense.... did come through on some key downs, but failed on every 4th and short yardage the Bengals had.

Baker Mayfield mostly rebounded. I will say this: I always thought Lamar was a better QB, just didn't see him becoming THAT dude so quickly though. Big Ben is the establishment. Joe Burrow makes me think of Aaron Rodgers with how well he plays behind a bullshit-ass offensive line. The ceiling is HIGH.

Which brings me to Baker. He is "a QB".
Which is more than what you can say about the Browns starting QBs for the last 20 years. Clearly, the Browns (and the NFL to a degree) have a lot of investment in him. But I don't see him as surpassing anyone else in the division.

I've noted that he is extremely wary of his blind side and he rolls out of clean pockets a lot. Probably due to too many times getting screwed over there. Baker gotta bring some of that Oklahoma swag back before I start waving the agenda flag.

Hopefully, for Baker's sake, the Browns stick with Stefanski for a while, I like what he does offensively.

The Steelers are a ticking timebomb but this season I see AFC North going through Baltimore and the Steelers again.

this ain't about the Bees, but I'm so glad that Stefon Diggs went to Buffalo. Josh Allen threw for 400 today. The Bills are slowly looking like a damn football team again. And the requisite NFL announcer asslicking is starting with Josh. Which is fine, but I'm keeping eyes and ears open with how they do this.