Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I am familiar with his comments about BLM, I’m sure the majority
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2719861&mesg_id=2726254
2726254, RE: I am familiar with his comments about BLM, I’m sure the majority
Posted by 3xKrazy, Wed Nov-25-20 03:51 PM
>In the SEC, Big Ten and college football coaches in general
>feel the same way. That doesn’t make those comments right
>but to pretend that Dabo is the only one that feels that way
>in CFB is naive.

There's no naivety here. Dabo is the only one who's been outspoken about it and the only one throwing a tantrum and making accusations after a cancellation. Regardless of how many other coaches feel similarly about the pandemic and racial equality (and we have no idea what the true percentage is), they were at least wise enough to keep their mouth shut about it.

>
>LSU and Ed just got caught up in a Baylor like cover up of
>assaults and rapes, where is the outcry for that?

Exactly. See post #264. And this underscores my whole point of cfb fans being real selective with their moral outrage.

>
>Frost probably believed that canceling football was some big QAnon
>conspiracy against him and Nebraska.

We have no idea what he believed and these types of generalizations are baseless and unfair.

>Frost got roasted for
>wanting to play football during a pandemic

And the other 100+ coaches who wanted to play didn't get roasted because...? Or the coaches of other fall NCAA sports, HS coaches, and coaches of youth sports? It's not like Frost was a lone pioneer with this shit.

There's a grand total of 4 teams with any legit chance of winning a NC...this isnt about wins and losses. Or that only coaches of winning programs are spared from ridicule.

>I know Urban isn’t coaching right today but that doesn’t
>excuse him of his own shady shit he did and overlooked in his
>career.

What does XYZ coach from whatever year in the past have to do with Dabo running his mouth in 2020 about issues (pandemic and social justice) that have never impacted cfb up until this year?

There's no precedent for this. You brought up Saban which would serve as relevant comparison given that he's currently coaching. His response to these issues have been wildly different than Dabo's.

And the idea that Urban has been spared from media/fan ridicule or given a pass because he wins is simply not true at all. He's actually the most talked about coach that I can ever remember. If that dude so much as breathed in the wrong direction it was going to be an ESPN headline.