Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectFantastic ppv
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2719210&mesg_id=2724984
2724984, Fantastic ppv
Posted by pretentious username, Sun Nov-08-20 02:56 PM

>Cody vs. Darby Allin (TNT Championship)
>Another well-told story, with Allin surviving and out-working
>Cody by the end. And you could see the Team Taz coming, but it
>set things up decently.

My tiny gripes with this match are:

1) the Last Supper roll up should’ve been the one that got the 3 count. More believable than the roll up that eventually did Cody in. Otherwise it was a great story. Cody was arrogant and misrepresented how his previous matches with Darby went, as a result Cody got caught. Actually would’ve preferred Cody going full heel here to sell the arrogance, but I guess there are too many heel factions so they gotta keep the Nightmare Family face. Still a weird line they’re walking with him though.

2) kinda sick of the beatdowns IMMEDIATELY after a face win. Not just in AEW, I mean all of wrestling. I get why they did it, but it’s been very prevalent lately and can be just as effective if done on TV the following week.

>FTR vs. The Young Bucks (AEW Tag Team Championships)
>An instant classic. Especially the back half. Another match
>that told a great story. I almost wanted it to end in a time
>limit draw. Would have preferred FTR win, but Young Bucks
>taking it made sense.

Match of the night imo. The big knock on the Bucks was that they could do all sorts of moves but couldn’t tell a story. I think that was a fair criticism, and even though they pretty much put that to bed 3 years ago that argument is officially dead after this and the match with Omega & Hangman a few months back.

>MJF vs. Chris Jericho
>Got the point across, with MJF beating Jericho at his own
>game. But man, is YJK slow, and it's definitely hurting his
>matches. At this point, either hide him in tag matches or just
>make the transition to broadcaster. I know he doesn't want to
>retire, but he's gotta change something up.

The match itself didn’t really do it for me and I don’t think it exactly told the story they were going for, but still can’t wait to see how the story plays out.