Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSo, that was a really good show.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2719210&mesg_id=2724961
2724961, So, that was a really good show.
Posted by mrhood75, Sun Nov-08-20 02:53 AM
Even better than the last PPV, which I enjoyed. Some great matches, some really good ones. A bunch really delivered.

Serena Deeb vs. Allysin Kay (NWA Women's Championship)
Perfectly fine, if unremarkable.

Adam Page vs. Kenny Omega
Hot opener for the PPV proper. Good story where they both knew how each other worked and how to counter each other's arsenal. Of course Omega won.

Orange Cassidy vs. John Silver
Good cool down match after Omega vs. Page. SIlver as Ricky Bobby is pretty entertaining.

Cody vs. Darby Allin (TNT Championship)
Another well-told story, with Allin surviving and out-working Cody by the end. And you could see the Team Taz coming, but it set things up decently.

Hikaru Shida vs. Nyla Rose (AEW Women's Championship)
Decent enough. Not incredible or anything. But they got the point across that Shida had do some serious overkill to win. And I guess Vickie and Nyla is over. So now it's Shida vs. Britt Baker and possibly Nyla vs. Big Swole.

Matt Hardy vs. Sammy Guevara (The Elite Deletion)
Cinematic was best way to go. And I must, I didn't have the return of Gangrel and Shane Helms on my Bingo card. Got really dark by the end. Kind of made the post-match punchline a little weird.

FTR vs. The Young Bucks (AEW Tag Team Championships)
An instant classic. Especially the back half. Another match that told a great story. I almost wanted it to end in a time limit draw. Would have preferred FTR win, but Young Bucks taking it made sense.

MJF vs. Chris Jericho
Got the point across, with MJF beating Jericho at his own game. But man, is YJK slow, and it's definitely hurting his matches. At this point, either hide him in tag matches or just make the transition to broadcaster. I know he doesn't want to retire, but he's gotta change something up.

Jon Moxley vs. Eddie Kingston (AEW World Championship)
Brutal as it had to be. Lots of cringing with the tacks and barbed wire. Moxley survives and it Kingston still looks strong.