Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI think they should finish the season and continue to use the bubble
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2718629&mesg_id=2718676
2718676, I think they should finish the season and continue to use the bubble
Posted by allStah, Wed Aug-26-20 06:46 PM
as a political and social justice platform. This is uncharted territory for the league and players, but their voices have been heard and acknowledged. I don’t think there will ever be a time again ,where all the players in the league are inside an environment, where they are able to exercise their powers and resources to fight for social justice.

If they all exit the bubble right now, the players will go their separate ways, back to their own cities and neighborhoods. I’m sure a lot of them have activist missions and movements that they work with and support to make a difference in the world , and I’m sure those movements are effective. However, this is an opportunity for players to use the bubble platform, to not only fight for racial equality and law enforcement reform, but to also use the platform to influence the upcoming election for democrats.

No other league of players has exhibited such a powerful stance and statement COLLECTIVELY against police brutality and national racism as the NBA players have exhibited.