Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYeah...you’re up in here taking L’s
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2718296&mesg_id=2720324
2720324, Yeah...you’re up in here taking L’s
Posted by Anonymous, Wed Sep-16-20 06:26 AM
People just love to talk and have 0 knowledge of the game.

You know why Toronto worked for Kawhi?

Because he didn’t have to be a leader. It’s hard to be a leader when you don’t talk and have 0 emotion.

Toronto had their team and system in place and all he had to do was ball.

On the Clippers, as the best player, and after the media and dumb ass people like you built him up to be something he’s not, he was now expected to be the leader.

He’s now on a team with clown ass Pat Bev, soft ass Paul George, Magic City Lou Will, and dumb ass Marcus Morris.

He is the biggest player pushing “load management” so I don’t really want to hear that “they didn’t have enough time together”.

Teams have dynamics. It’s said these dudes were asking to come out after 3 mins because they were tired. All that tells me is that they didn’t come to the bubble in good shape which means they weren’t working hard on their down time.

I be Kawhi was working. But I bet he wasn’t talking to anyone in their down time and was expecting his teammates to do the same. And they didn’t.

Because they’re not the Raptors.

Yes, the Raptors aren’t good enough talent-wise without Kawhi, but they have the right mentality whereas the Clippers have the talent but don’t have the mentality.

And you can put a lot on Doc.

But we are talking about Kawhi.

Last thing I’ll say is, I watched him last year with my son and I used to explain how Kawhi was about his business and just played ball. No talking, no complaining about the ref, even-keeled...and that’s why he was different.

Guess who I saw complaining about calls this year?

Kawhi.

That’s because he was frustrated with this team and he started to take on some of those bad habits and traits that the Clippers are known for.

And you said the Raptors were about to get swept. Lol...those dudes balled hard and showed resiliency period. That’s the type of energy Kawhi needed around him.

Basketball is a team game for a reason.