Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Look, I’m higher on Melo than allstah...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2718130&mesg_id=2718282
2718282, RE: Look, I’m higher on Melo than allstah...
Posted by allStah, Sat Aug-22-20 07:16 AM
I love the kid. But he has a 2 hand push shot...2 hand push shot. It’s worse than his brother’s shot. Lonzo actually release’s the ball correctly from his hands. It’s just that his shot winds up, so that’s an arm/ elbow issue. Plus before the pandemic , lonzo shot 42 pct from 3, and the shot looked smooth. But he fell back into his old habits during the pandemic . So I think lonzo is going to be a great shooter when it’s all said and done.

Kids in elementary school do a 2 hand push shot because they are not strong enough to shoot with one arm.

It’s one thing to teach a player into being a better shooter, buts it’s another to teach a player HOW to shoot.

Defense can be taught. Players just have to be willing to apply themselves. So he will learn that.

Other than those two issues, he is magical. However I wouldn’t take him if I’m trying to win titles now. It would be best for him to go to a team that is in rebuilding mode. That way he will have all the time in the world to develop. He would be perfect for my bulls team, or Minnesota.