Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThis is a weird year because of how the draft played out
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2718130&mesg_id=2718230
2718230, This is a weird year because of how the draft played out
Posted by auragin_boi, Fri Aug-21-20 05:22 PM
#1 - Minny...Edwards just seems natural but they may risk it on Wiseman to let KAT play out of the lane a little more but I doubt it. Edwards just makes way more sense.

#2 - G-State...being in win now mode has a few options and i'd lean 70% toward them trying to deal it for a better asset. Wiz make the most sense but they'll want more for beal likely...unless the warriors agreed to take Wall's contract with him, and they won't but if they keep this pick, Wiseman makes the most sense. Steph is not going anywhere anytime soon, Ball sucks on D and has probably 3 yrs before he figures it all out. Wiseman could be useful as a big who'll be expected to dunk, rebound, play D and maybe hit the occasional jumper. Perfect for him imo.

#3 - Hornets...might end up stuck with ball unless someone trades with the warriors to get him at #2. I can't really figure these guys out. Wiseman would be good for them because they are garbage inside. And ball isn't an upgrade on Graham at this point (in a few yrs maybe). AND they signed Rozier last year so 3 PG's don't make a ton of sense. Have no clue where they are though.

#4 - Bulls...we need a SF. Otto can't stay on the court. Not sure what Hutch is. If we get the right developmental coach, we should get some great insight this year on what we really have. I still think we are good enough to challenge for a 7-8 playoff spot. I'd prefer Wiseman (barring Edwards being an option via trade but even then, he presents a glut at SG unless we convert Lavine and he's not strong enough for that position) but that'll cause a glut in the bigs with Wcj, Lauri and Garrett already set up (not to mention young). Trading down might actually be better.