Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: LaMelo in that offense might be scary, develop him as a 6th man...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2718130&mesg_id=2718221
2718221, RE: LaMelo in that offense might be scary, develop him as a 6th man...
Posted by allStah, Fri Aug-21-20 04:47 PM
Don’t get me wrong. I’m a fan of Lamelo’s and I love his game.

However, he has two issues almost just like his brother: his shooting and inability to play defense. We live in a 3 and D league! If you can’t do that, you will run into problems. We see it with Ben Simmons ( shooting issues) We see it with Fultz. And we even see it with his brother, as well as Elfrid Payton ( shooting issues) and Gary Payton II( shooting issues). ....

Even Jason Kidd had to develop a great 3 point shot in order to be a champion....

A lot people are still stuck in the early 2000. That shit is over. Luka, the rockets, jokic, etc have set the tone. You have to be able to do everything now, especially 3 and D

And there are big question marks regarding the top 3 draft prospects’ shooting ability.

Go back and look at that 2017 player prediction thread. Cats were hyping Fultz and Dennis Smith and other wack shooting players. But they dissed Tatum and Mitchell , and now they are big time mega stars already. Why? They can shoot the lights out.

That should be the question when dealing with players...all that ceiling and development shit is dead. Can he shoot and can he play defense ?

Cats coming out of college who can’t shoot ...that’s a longggggg ass project that may never come to fruition. That’s more than development. That’s teaching shooting mechanics that players should already have in college. Great to solid shooters are established very early.