Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI don't even disagree, really.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2717282&mesg_id=2717511
2717511, I don't even disagree, really.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Aug-11-20 08:23 PM
But since he showed potential as a shot blocker last season and he showed potential at Duke as both a shot blocker and a stretch big, I think there's plenty there to build upon. Especially considering how well he fits with Lauri.

If he continues to not shoot and continues to not average even one block per game, then yeah, he'll probably become a journeyman, decade-plus long big man role player guy. I just think the potential is there for him to keep building-- especially since he just turned 21.

And going back to the original point, there's a reason he was ahead of MPJ on every single draft board-- because he was a healthy big man of strong defense and good mobility who averaged over 2 blocks a game and over 40% from 3. Not saying he's more talented or he'll be better going forward-- but the choice at the time was clear and the potential is there (especially with the Lauri fit) for him to develop into a terrific defensive anchor/double-double guy.