Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDoug Gottlieb: College Athlete Who Cares About His Health Is An Idiot
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2716801
2716801, Doug Gottlieb: College Athlete Who Cares About His Health Is An Idiot
Posted by Reeq, Tue Jul-28-20 09:10 AM
might be the worst take ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4YGtmQp5YM

according to dg...the entire college system would collapse without the major college sports money. so the athletes are idiots if they dont wanna go out there still unpaid and put their health/career/lives on the line...even as countless athletes are already testing positive across the country.

listen to the pure hatred and disdain in his voice. he really thinks hes on the right side here?
2716802, He has an uncanny ability to be wrong about everything
Posted by DJR, Tue Jul-28-20 09:13 AM
and to seem like a complete asshole while doing it. I can’t stand that guy.
2716805, did he pay for that opinion with a credit card?
Posted by Tiger Woods, Tue Jul-28-20 09:17 AM
2716806, I'm so far beyond tired of these white men trying to tell people what to do
Posted by CherNic, Tue Jul-28-20 09:25 AM
And given opportunity over and over and over again to do so.
2716809, these takes are beyond disheartening and frighteningly pervasive
Posted by 3xKrazy, Tue Jul-28-20 09:34 AM
college football twitter/messageboards are just disgusting right now.

the idea that if these athletes are 'fucking pussies' if don't get out on the field and entertain me as i sit on the couch is just beyond my level of comprehension.
2717026, yep. but it's super predictable. sports 'fandom' is some interesting
Posted by poetx, Sun Aug-02-20 07:58 PM
shit, sociologically, and adding the online element to it been some shit since day one.

helpful to me to know how white ppl really think about their 'heroes' on the field.

the talking head / sportshow and newspaper columns just give the sanitized version of that worldview.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad
2716814, I'm posting so I'm a hypocrite, but
Posted by will_5198, Tue Jul-28-20 10:25 AM
we really shouldn't amplify people like Doug Gottlieb. even on little ole OKS.

him and Clay Travis, and the rest of their ilk, live for this kind of attention because they either believe their own outlandish shit or to appeal to their brand army of racist, moronic followers (probably both aspects are true).

turning their takes into conversations or dunk contests just feed the idea that their opinion matters, so they will continue. their worst fear is to be ignored.
2716815, just the absolute worst
Posted by 3xKrazy, Tue Jul-28-20 10:28 AM

> Clay Travis
2716816, How are you giving them attention by posting this?
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-28-20 10:29 AM
You're encouraging people to ignore those guys.

That doesn't make you a hypocrite by any stretch. You're addressing the response to those guys, not those guys.
2716826, I bet their worst fear is lady doctors
Posted by Walleye, Tue Jul-28-20 01:12 PM
It's just a guess, but I bet they really hate those.
2716856, I agree. Stop giving these dickheads life.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Wed Jul-29-20 04:45 PM
2716817, I honestly have wondered if he and Clay Travis can even be real...
Posted by Dstl1, Tue Jul-28-20 10:34 AM
like...it has to be some long term joke. How can two guys be so consistently full of shit and on the wrong side of everything?
2716818, I also hate this idea that we NEED sports to return to galvanize the country
Posted by 3xKrazy, Tue Jul-28-20 10:42 AM
like please stfu nothing is gonna change if/when sports return.

everyone is still gonna hate each other. you're just a selfish entitled fuck who demands to be entertained at any cost.
2716824, Ah, for the good ol' days when sports was being played and no racism...
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Jul-28-20 12:29 PM
...existed. No cultural strife in this country at all pre-COVID. Nope.

These guys are fucking idiots.
2716865, Nah, they really want sports to be the distraction from the actual issues
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Thu Jul-30-20 06:42 AM
That's why players NEED to keep bringing up social justice and ignore the willfully ignorant that complain about "injecting politics into sports".

Politics is in everything!

So yeah, open the leagues back up but point people right back to what's really important.
2716866, good point. thats what this is really about.
Posted by Reeq, Thu Jul-30-20 08:11 AM
2716825, Doug's takes have been abysmal. He's the Ben Shapiro of sports analysis
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Jul-28-20 01:05 PM

-->
2716828, Translation: Shut the fuck up and play.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-28-20 01:36 PM
He's not only flipping out about the economics of this, he's calling him an idiot, telling him to shut up and let the adults speak, let the people who know what's going on speak.

Conversely, he spent like 35 seconds addressing COVID, and even then, he did so in such a dismissive, "no big deal" sort of way.
2716829, everyone is suddenly ultra concerned
Posted by 3xKrazy, Tue Jul-28-20 02:06 PM
>He's not only flipping out about the economics of this

about university athletic dept budgets.

right.
2716837, capitalism is great!
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Jul-28-20 06:45 PM
oh you want to pay players? nah, that's dumb.
2716839, RE: Doug Gottlieb: College Athlete Who Cares About His Health Is An Idiot
Posted by cloak323, Wed Jul-29-20 12:37 AM
I don't think Gottlieb is knocking dude for not wanting to play. I think Gottlieb took the word REVENUE out of his tweet and spun it just so he could create an argument (like talking heads like to do). Sounds like he's telling that player you can't fault the league for wanting
games to go on so they can get their money.
Essentially they are not talking about the same thing. I think.
2716863, RE: Doug Gottlieb: College Athlete Who Cares About His Health Is An Idiot
Posted by reality, Wed Jul-29-20 10:53 PM
gottlieb is a moron