Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI actually think we mean to agree here. Here's what I mean
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2716068&mesg_id=2716248
2716248, I actually think we mean to agree here. Here's what I mean
Posted by Tiger Woods, Thu Jul-09-20 09:56 AM
>Snyder is an extreme narcissist with a pathological obsession
>with never taking responsibility for anything. He, like Trump
>and other rich sociopaths, think they're literally better than
>almost everyone else.
>
>Little people don't matter.
>
>There is no way in hell that guy has even the first clue
>what's going on with black people in America, let alone that
>prompting him to give a shit about his black employees or any
>other human period.
>
>Not a chance in hell.

We're on the same page on all the above.

He likes the attention of being a big shot, he's drunk on status, he guzzles attention...I too agree that he doesn't care or know about the issues plaguing the black community in the US. But I think he desperately cares if Derrius Guice thinks he's COOL or not.

Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Fred Smoot, and Chris Cooley to name a few have all talked at length about how chummy he was with his players - inviting them to his home, on his plane, to private dinners. Hell, that very approach was the beginning of the end for RG3 and in turn Mike Shanahan - Snyder's craving of adoration from his star player.

My point is that he doesn't want to put his players in a weird spot just because he doesn't want them to know just how huge of a prick dork he is. He doesn't really care about their feelings or their plight as a race, he cares about how HE's perceived in their eyes which would in turn motivate him to shield them from potential embarrassment. (That, and also a potential windfall in the several millions of dollars)