Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTwo things here.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2715765&mesg_id=2716618
2716618, Two things here.
Posted by allStah, Wed Jul-22-20 04:52 PM
Lampard wants Mount to be good, and to be the lead attacker, because that is his guy. However, clearly, Pulisic is way better than Mount.

Also, Pulisic has to prove that he can be good in back to back games from a health stand point. He seems to play extremely well when he plays every other game. that's just my take. I think there are still a lot of question marks regarding his durability, and Frank is being mindful of that.

It's a combination of both....However, this is leading to same tension from earlier in the season when frank wasn't playing Pulisic....which is why I said the whole situation regarding pulisic was an infection, because of the Drama of it all. The boards are already going off on Frank, and wait until the reports come out.

If it has to come down between Frank and Pulisic, as far as who stays, I'm not sure in which direction the board will go in. Frank is a chelsea legend, and deemed the greatest chelsea player of all time by most. Pulisic is a very talented young player, and is the future....so a lot to think about..

I personally think there is a little angst there, with the whole English and american player thing ... I don't care what anyone says, it's there. Clearly Frank should have played him today....CLEARLY.

Keep in mind Chelsea acquired Pulisic way before Frank was even considered for the position, because Sarri was still there, and we got Pulisic during the winter transfer window. He wasn't part of the Tammy, Mount, Reese, Tomori call up by Frank.