Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectmany of my transfer goals are dreaming, I admit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2715765&mesg_id=2716508
2716508, many of my transfer goals are dreaming, I admit
Posted by thejerseytornado, Sun Jul-19-20 08:24 AM
>What moves do you think should happen in the shake up?
>I think Busquets, Pique, and Alba need to move to the bench. I
>wouldn't mind if they left entirely, but they're club legends
>and should be treated with respect. Same for Suarez. Rakitic
>should already be gone.

Honestly, the reality is that a new coach needs to come in and someone who is seen as a key player needs to be sold to shake the team up, a la Pep and Ronaldinho and Deco. Busi/Pique fit that but that'd actually backfire because they're seen as "real barca" and are connected to that Pep revival. Rakitic is not a big enough move. Vidal isn't either (and I think he has a roll to play). messi's untouchable. Greizzou is too new. I have some hope for Semedo (see my last paragraph), but I could accept that as part of a turnover--though I think they just signed him through 2025. Which basically leaves Lenglet (but not enough cover and doesn't feel like he's part of any problem even if he isn't a star) and Alba. I think I just talked myself into selling Alba. Which, other than not knowing who would replace him, I'm pretty ok with--and Alba has often giving some pretty awful quotes in the media. Wish Miranda had had a good loan season or Grimaldo were available...

Busi definitely needs to be rotated a lot more. He lost a step. Alba too (and he has played better when his spot is threatened). Pique I think just needs more rest, when he's good he's good. but the mental fatigue definitely affects him.

Suarez has said for a year he's been ready to help train his replacement. Rakitic needs to be gone, as much as I thought he was underappreciated before, he's now more like what his haters thought he was.

>It's probably time to move on from Dembele. An incredible
>talent, but he
>can't stay healthy.

Fair. and they have the players coming up with speed to replace him (the trincao highlights I've seen have me very, very excited. and Pedri too, apparently). other than an absurd Neymar move, i don't think they should buy a winger because it seems like it just doesn't work from outside. that's gonna have to be a youth player--and there are enough to pick from with trincao and fati and pedri. I'd like to seem Dembele get time in the CL in August if he's healthy (that'd be the 6 months expected) hopefully to raise some value before a move. I'd also accept keeping him for a year because with that many youth prospects, we could survive without him (plus, the better answer with greizzman in this square is to move away from the 4-3-3).

>A midfield of FDJ, Arthur, Puig, and Aleñá would have been
>cool, but would still need a couple more experienced players
>to balance them out. Thiago is still my favorite player, but
>that ship has likely sailed at this point. And he's just
>turned 29.

pjanic is coming in, so that's one experienced guy coming in.

I'd like to see Thiago back also. but as I post this, rumor is he's going to Pool which...fuck that's a good move. And he's 30-40 million? good price. Rumor that Coutinho -> Arsenal would bring Guendouzi in. Don't know, honestly, how to feel about that (I have not watched arsenal enough). If Vidal stays and Alena returns, my main interest is in a MF who is ok being a supersub because it's crowded and Puig and FDJ should be regular starters, so we're talking about a rotation that has Roberto/pjanic/busi/alena already (not in order of preference). actually, i think i just talked myself into Puig/FDJ/Vidal with Vidal regularly rotated.

>Lautaro is a no brainer. Idk who could else would fit across
>the front line with him and Messi. Neymar could obviously
>work, but i don't see how we work that out financially.

infuriating that they're going to fuck this up. There's no striker in the pipeline from la masia. sign lautaro. stop fucking around.

>Back line. Idk. Lenglet is solid. Umtiti can't stay healthy.
>I'm still not sure about Firpo. I like Semedo, but attacking
>is definitely his weakness...

Just had this convo with friends. 100% CB my solution is Eric Garcia's return. Otherwise, I'm not sure. I feel like Semedo got mixed messages. When he just rampaged and focused on attacking, he was pretty good (not great with the ball sometimes), but he often held back (especially against Valverde) and got stuck in an in-between position which made him look like a worse attacker than he is. I'm actually ok with giving him another year, and then Emerson returns from Betis and he looked quite promising. Though if Dest is available, the marketing coup (and promise) of signing Dest makes a lot of sense. At LB, I wish they'd have Grimaldo or buy him back for LB. Miranda stalled this year on loan and I'm not sure.

-----------
you think we playing chess, but i'm playing mad-making. Basaglia