Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectKante is kinda at that same state that Michael Essien was at
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2715765&mesg_id=2716416
2716416, Kante is kinda at that same state that Michael Essien was at
Posted by allStah, Tue Jul-14-20 03:54 PM
Around the age of 29, and after injuring his ACL, Essien became injury prone and couldn't stay on the pitch. We are starting to see the same thing with Kante, so I think the focal point is to sell him why his stock is high.

No one is going to pay more than 40 -50 million for a 29 year old player who is showing small signs of regressing, so that is why his value is at 40 mil. Also, with Ampadu coming back from loan, who can play the number 6 and at centerback, plus that Gilmore kid showing good signs, I think chelsea is going to try to cash in on Kante for 40 -50 mil.

Kante is still an excellent player, but nowhere near the level he was on a few years ago. Dude was hands down the best defensive mid in the world. He is still one of the best defensive mids on the planet, but I personally feel that Sarri messed up his body. Sarri had him playing more attacking, and that is when the injuries started to pile on....all because Sarri wanted jorginho as a playmaking number 6

Jorginho just does not have the body nor game to really play in the EPL. He started off the season extremely well, but it is too easy for teams to single him out. No way can he be a number 6 or number 8 for us.