Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSetien finally saw how to manage the Suarez/Messi/Griezou lineup
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2715765&mesg_id=2716153
2716153, Setien finally saw how to manage the Suarez/Messi/Griezou lineup
Posted by thejerseytornado, Tue Jul-07-20 06:47 AM
4-1-2-1-2

i don't understand how that wasn't the lineup from the beginning of the season. messi likes playing behind a striker--griezou and suarez compliment each other as long as messi isn't up front also.

Roberto/puig/de jong/vidal all fit as wide mids in this lineup and depending on what you want, you can play any combo of them (though vidal was not great this game). Busquets and, to a much lesser extent, rakitic fit in the hole...but this is quick to become the main concern of the system.

this also gives alba and semedo (who was consistently wide f*cking open. man, if he had alves' attacking skill...my god) room to run. Need another RB with speed (Roberto ain't cutting it there in this system). Wague didn't get enough time to know if he's the one--but rumors Barca might sign Dest who would.

Defense on the counter is a concern. that's how villareal scored and they had a number of other opportunities. busquets' lack of speed is a concern here and its only going to get worse. De Jong might get moved here, but he wants to attack more. This is likely where Pjanic is going to provide cover in the hopes that oriol busquets (ironic naming), plus he's gotten some experience at CB, and some more depth there is nice. It also might be why barca is supposedly interested in Tonali, or N'Dombele.

all that said, with Pedri (promising) and Trincao coming in and dembele back form injury (for 3 games before he'll get injured again), they'll actually have wingers again.

-----------
you think we playing chess, but i'm playing mad-making. Basaglia