Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: What are triathletes posing as?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2715243&mesg_id=2715317
2715317, RE: What are triathletes posing as?
Posted by allStah, Tue May-26-20 11:32 AM
Runners and swimmers look at triathletes as posers. They don’t respect them. They are seen as either not being good enough to be stand alone great swimmers or great runners. And I’m not talk about the real real endurance triathletes, just the avg people who make up the majority of the event.

And by you asking the question, I can tell you’ve never been at a tri event, just a lot of people with all the gear and gadgets but no ability. You’ll see all the hot items and gadgets , people posting with the look. That’s why the event and endurance events have blown up with so many participants. They have become bucket list events, and organization are making tons of money off the avg person, because the avg person just wants to pose on Facebook, Instagram, strava, etc, with their participation medal.

That’s what posers mean.

It’s so bad that you got the average everyday person cheating like the pros just so they can say they finished an event or finished in a certain amount of time: Skipping time mats, lying about their time, biking the same run distance and then saying that it was their actual competition distance. This is why strava introduced the fly be feature that can tell whether you biked, swam or ran the distance.

Didn’t used to be this way. Endurance events used to be for real competitors, but then social media came, and everything has turned into a money making participating posers event.

I think that would have been obvious based on the word.