Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: kinda shocked
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2715243&mesg_id=2715266
2715266, RE: kinda shocked
Posted by allStah, Mon May-25-20 10:30 AM
But the lying about it doesn't bother me, because of what Cycling is, and sports in general. I mean other athletes dope for personal glory, without helping other people.

Dude, lance saved lives, bro. When he beat cancer and created his foundation, and the money that was generated from that to help people battle cancer? I mean come on.

Basketball and Football players test positive all the time, and lie about how the stuff got into their system, and no one says anything. Julian Edelmen tested positive and went on to win a super bowl.

So Lance does not owe us shit, especially Americans. I often say that Americans can't afford to talk about lance, because they don't know crap about cycling or the sport in general, and its just another sports topic for them. You got Jalen Rose giving his take on it. I'm like dude shut the fuck up.

I mean what the hell does lance owe you or me? Others he may owe for being a scumbag, and going after people who went after him. I even support him on that in a way, because you had people who were cheating, and were upset because he did it better. The French were the first ones to attack his Tour De France wins, because he was destroying them at their own sport. They couldn't deal with that. An American the greatest cyclist ever?

Yet in still they had tons of dopers who got busted, and then went on to still compete.