Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLance Armstrong Documentary
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2715243&mesg_id=2715243
2715243, Lance Armstrong Documentary
Posted by allStah, Sun May-24-20 08:31 PM
I relate. My first love is swimming, which is how he started, and my second love is running. Always more on the endurance side. Played baseball growing up and was on the basketball team just for the girls, but other than that, all endurance.

Did 1 triathlon , but I felt it was for posers, and I didnt like having to set up my bike. So I just focused on swimming and running.

Growing up as a black kid, some thought watching the Tour de France and swimming was strange. I can’t explain it. One day I came home in the 80s and the Tour de France was on. I didn’t know anything about it. It just looked cool and I love the French accent of the announcers. That is when Greg Lemond was battling Hinault for the title. Shit was epic and I was hooked ever since. Didn’t want to fuck with baseball anymore.

Yes, Lance is Scum a bag, 100 percent. But the brilliance behind his doping and beating Spain, France and Italy at their own doping game, that shit was amazing. Cycling has been doping since the late 1800s. 90 percent of the riders are doped to gills.

Track and field and cycling doping is on a whole other level than any other sport ...like light years ahead.

Loving it so far.