Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI’d be more concerned about the picks than Levert.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2715202&mesg_id=2715241
2715241, I’d be more concerned about the picks than Levert.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun May-24-20 06:50 PM
Levert carries his own considerable injury risk— not many players in the league carry more injury risk than Kyrie, but Levert is def one of them. I really like him as a player— and he’s probably a better backcourt fit with Kyrie than Beal would be— but he’s seemed destined for a short career since college, sadly.

And Dinwiddie too, tbh— the last two seasons still seem more like a good streak than what we can safely expect. Since Levert and Dinwiddie both looked great last year, and since they both carry injury concerns, trying to move them for a star while their stock is at its highest makes sense imo.

Doing it for Beal makes... less sense, for reasons you stated above. It’s all rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic unless Durant is the best player in the league. I don’t really mind dealing Levert and Dinwiddie to make your team better... but *three* picks and those two guys? For *Beal*? The picks are what kill me personally. With Ky usual slate of missed games, one season ending injury to Durant could make any of those picks instant lottery contenders.