Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTrade back then trade for depth
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2715188&mesg_id=2724430
2724430, Trade back then trade for depth
Posted by auragin_boi, Tue Oct-27-20 01:52 PM
I'd target a pick in the 7-10 range. Multiple teams in that range would be interested I'd assume. Wiseman/Edwards/Ball are pretty good options at top 3 for a young/rebuilding team. I'd try to get Bertans from the Wiz, Kennard/D-Rose/Christan Wood from Det (one or a combo of them), Gibson/Portis/Elf (combo of 2) from the knicks, Oubre from Phx.

Then I'd trade the 7-10 pick to OKC for #25, Steven Adams and Diallo.

One or two of Lee, Paschal, Robinson would likely be gone. Try to hold on to Poole for as long as it makes sense but he'd be expendable too for the right deal.

Curry
Klay/Poole/Diallo
Wiggins/Oubre
Dray
Adams/Looney

Curry
Klay/Poole
Wiggins/Diallo
Dray/Bertans
Adams/Looney

Curry/Rose
Klay/Poole
Wiggins/Diallo
Dray/Woods
Adams/Looney

Curry/Elf
Klay/Poole
Wiggins/Diallo
Dray/Portis or Gibson
Adams/Looney

^^^Defensive rebounding C (check), Depth at at G/F/C (outside of the Bertans deal) (check)

Would they be championship level...depends on how klay returns from injury and how much the gel over the season. The consistency of the depth would be a key too. But they'd have enough for a top 3 seed in the West. Could they beat the Lakers?...eeeehhh. Would have to see what Lakeshow's depth looks like. All things being equal to this year, I'd say, hard fought 6 game series loss. Which would be better then every other team in the west did. lol