Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectJust the culmination of a few things...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2714749&mesg_id=2716668
2716668, Just the culmination of a few things...
Posted by third_i_vision, Thu Jul-23-20 04:21 PM
For one, and I know this phrase is tired, but the “product” is not very good. That’s for all of college basketball. With Cal’s recruiting and constant turnover, his teams aren’t truly worth watching until February most years, with some exceptions. I’d rather just watch NBA highlights on YouTube and then watch full games during the playoffs. Maybe peep a 2-minute highlight clip of UK vs Directional State in November, but I’d never sit down and watch that game live on a Tuesday night like I would five years ago.

One more thing - I’ve learned how “conservative” most of UK’s fan base is, and it’s bleeding into sports more than ever. Seeing hella rednecks post CRAZY shit about black people (on the UK forum, no less!) and then act entitled about young black kids on “their” basketball team? Hell no. I’d legitimately love to drop a bomb on 75% of the UK fan base.

Anyway, I’ll stop with the incoherent rambling. Weirdly, like you, I’ve found following UK FOOTBALL to be way more fun the last 5-6 years. I guess I’ve just found other things to do with my time and energy as I’ve gotten older.