Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIf a person's past is preperation for their future
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2714514&mesg_id=2714540
2714540, If a person's past is preperation for their future
Posted by obsidianchrysalis, Fri May-01-20 09:06 PM
Then he was prepared for this in some way.

Granted being a professional athlete is not directly like recovering from a potentially life ending injury. But Alex has had to push along in his career against some real sports-adversity (multiple coaches not knowing how to maximize his ability, finally breaking thru in San Fran and then being passed over there and in KC). He's had to believe in himself simply because very few people did.

And that mental muscle is guiding his life back to normalcy.

The part that stood out to me was his perspective when the course of his life could have turned tragic. I don't know if he felt that way because he believed it or he had to in order to calm himself. But seeing someone in that situation see the potential in his situation is remarkable.

I used to diss him because he didn't turn out like Rodgers, the other QB taken in that draft. But he seemed to carry the doubt about his football ability well and it's refreshing and heartening to see someone's character remain intact while life isn't at its best.

He's a good guy by all accounts and it would be nice to see him back on the field at some point.