Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm going to say one and that's not a mortal lock either
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2714184&mesg_id=2714695
2714695, I'm going to say one and that's not a mortal lock either
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri May-08-20 05:46 PM
The lockout would have helped those old legs stay fresh. San Antonio would have been a matchup problem for them but you gotta give Jorn and them the benefit of the doubt there.

But do I see them going much beyond that? Jordan's knee was not in great shape, Pippen started to decline in Houston (by the time he got to Portland he was due for the reduced role he got on a deep team), Rodman didn't exactly make a ton of noise the rest of his career and obviously championship balance is very delicate to maintain.

I for one am a little sick of the crying over Krause and also making it seem like he contributed nothing to the two three-peats. The moves for Pippen, Ho Grant and later Rodman were all criminal, Auerbach-level shit. The team had won nothing under the previous regime, despite Michael's presence. He was the guy who brought Phil in and who promoted him. This doc has been compelling but it's all MIKE GOOD/KRAUSE BAD, very simplistic, slanted and frankly unfair since that stubby little dude is dead whereas Jordan has the final say over edits in the doc. Very corporate (Nike, ESPN, NBA) and apologetic for Jordan's behavior. Frankly I don't get that. The past is the past, the rings are won and the brand is established. Why continue to downplay any negative comment about Jordan? It's especially confusing when the doc is calling out names otherwise. Jordan calls Scottie selfish, calls out Ho Grant (whom Jordan treated like shit), is critical of Kukoc, dumps all over Krause, etc. There's no scrutiny applied to Michael's claims, and anything asshole thing he did is ignored or explained away as somehow being necessary.