Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectsafe, supplied and symptom-free...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2714050&mesg_id=2714161
2714161, safe, supplied and symptom-free...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Apr-20-20 11:35 AM
I feel like if you can say those 3 things everything else can be worked out.

Overall this shit is super scary to me and I feel like it may be a while before things get anywhere close to "normal", I fell like we'll have to adjust to new normal whatever that is.

Our current political situation is scary AF.

I'm blessed to be working from home but at the same time wondering how long that will last. As I've said before I think probably in GD that I have a ton of family and friends in the restaurant, bar and service industry that are just assed out or their income has been tremendously reduced. Then I have a ton of family in friends that work in medical, LE, FD and other first responders plus shit like corrections that can't wfh they have to get out in this shit every day regardless. I've mainly been going to the same local grocery store for like 10+ and a lot of those folks are like family too.

I'm an introvert-extrovert or whatever that means. I enjoy time by myself but I also enjoy being out and about among friends and family but now having all of the former and almost none of the latter is tough. I do all the zooms, facetimes and all the other shit but its still not the same as human interaction. Going outside to the grocery store or whatever is scary and exciting at the same time. I've said its almost like sex without a condom.

Being on zoom calls with a combination of single folks and folks in relationships its tough and I joke about us single folks should have taking cuffing season more seriously lol. I think stay-at-home orders probably helped some relationships and probably hurt others lol. My birthday was earlier this month and of course I got a ton of virtual love from everyone through various mediums but it wasn't the same.

I have a couple of friends that live close by that I occasionally "break quarantine" to eat drink and laugh with and one other fwb that stops by occasionally that helps keeps my sanity. At the same time I feel terrible guilt at the possibility of contamination to me or from me.

Its crazy though in some ways immediate family has gotten closer because now we check in and talk and/or facetime every other if not every day. I communication a lot more with close friends too.

Trying to be productive instead of just watching tv all the time is tough. I have all these ideas of stuff I should be doing and I sometimes get to some of it early but by lunchtime its a wrap lol.

I'm a huge fan of live music and this IG shit is cool but its not the same. I'm wondering when we will ever get back to that and if and when the shows we missed will be rescheduled. I think about the artists, musicians and various support staff and how they are impacted.