Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNot going to lie, it’s been a challenge
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2714050&mesg_id=2714103
2714103, Not going to lie, it’s been a challenge
Posted by calminvasion, Sat Apr-18-20 10:52 AM
And yet, I am embarrassed to say that, as “knock on wood” everyone is healthy, family is doing well, no financial stresses, etc. but social isolation is way more impactful than I would have expected.

I was in the middle of a move back to Chicago, from Charlotte (moved down here 4 years ago) same company all along, bigger role, career going great and very thankful for that, much more so now. I started in early February and started in hotels, coming back every other week, then moved into a Corp apt in the city. Which was great until shelter in place. Being in a high rise, taking elevators every day just didn’t seem like the look anymore. So I’ve been back in my house in Charlotte. The one I still need to sell- not sure how much the value has gone down by not moving faster, but again very small complaint considering what everyone else is going thru.

But it is lonely, my LT GF and I broke up early this year, something I didn’t honestly Stress too much. The move was a new chapter, and was really excited about it. Now being stuck at home, by myself... again not great timing :)

The thing is, I’m busier than ever, calls, zooms from 7am-7pm, high stress/stakes decisions (again not in the grand scheme, but they feel that way in the moment) all the time (or what feels like it) and the weird feeling that all the days blend together mend even the weekend aren't great for destressing.

Anyways, all in all I’ve been incredibly fortunate and have a lot to be thankful for, need to continue to keep that in mind.

Glad all of you are doing relatively well And managing thru. Small as it is,this is a great community. Glad to be a part of it.