Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWho's really at fault here?..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2713992&mesg_id=2714004
2714004, Who's really at fault here?..
Posted by CyrenYoung, Tue Apr-14-20 12:36 PM
..The athletes or the people providing them with (mis)information?

Initially, my reaction to the images was similar to the OP, on some, "..How the fuck is ANYONE taking a chance during a pandemic?!"

However, talking with family members all over the world this wkd (I have quite a few sibs), I quickly realized how very different various reports/updates are in different locations.

Shit, I actually had to debate with some of my own fam about taking things more seriously. They call/text damn-near daily, after hearing reports about how bad things are here in Brooklyn. I've been on Facetime with fam while they're going about their day, and you get a glimpse of people out & about, congregating like the quarantine orders were optional.

ALL OF THIS AS I'M WATCHING BODIES LOADED ON TO REFRIGERATED TRUCKS. (*All caps for emphasis, not LOUD lol).

When I tell you that I had to fight to convince some fam from attending church services held by reckless pastors... SMH.

My point is, there's been so much misinformation disseminated in this country alone (along with a fragile history when it comes to trusting elected officials), that its easy to understand how some people still thought this was some commercial conspiracy or a hoax. What this really proves is that people aren't getting (or tuned into) properly vetted info.

I rode my bike through the city with my go-pro, filming everything from central park, to Times Square, to the Javitz Center, to the docks on the west side highway: This shit is eerily reminiscent of the film "I Am Legend."

When I showed people the 1st video I filmed, all they could do was gasp in astonishment.

So who's at fault when people get confusing/contradicting info daily, while elected officials continue to wage a war of egos? How can you expect people to truly take this seriously when every other word is about how we must restart the economy soon? How can we be upset at athletes for training or hanging together during this crisis, when every professional org that they report to is determined to find a way to continue doing business and making outlandish proposals to hold "games without fans," as if that would somehow mitigate the possibility of exposure to a virus that we still have so many unanswered questions about??

Dak & Zeke are certainly responsible for hosting the party, but the real questions is how they arrived at the conclusion that it was safe?

All I know is that people are dying at an alarming rate and we still don't have a vaccine. We don't even truly understand this virus, but elected officials are more concerned about personal agendas & appearances.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...