Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAmazing how everything here is wrong.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2713749&mesg_id=2713750
2713750, Amazing how everything here is wrong.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Mar-21-20 05:57 PM
>Needed that scholly to go after Towns.

We haven't offered Towns a scholarship. He's going to OSU. If he was serious about coming to Duke, he'd wait until the roster situation was more clear and K gave him an offer. But... he's not. *shrug*

>Gives a 3 year player
>and legacy recruit the boot.

No, AOC is smartly going elsewhere because when he got more opportunities his sophomore season, his quality of play declined, and even though he began the season as a starter this year (and got more starting chances again at the start of ACC play), he was even *worse* than sophomore year. His defense has been bad every season, his 3-point shooting has slipped ten percent (!!!) every season, and he never passes the ball.

Next year, even if DJ Steward didn't play a minute, AOC would be behind Roach, Goldwire, and Moore in the rotation. His lack of progress on either end of the ball means he'd be low in the rotation. He can either be a starting role player on a different high-major team or a star at the mid-major level. Him going makes perfect sense.

Players who think they'll get better chances anywhere else *should* transfer. They're not getting paid, may as well pursue the best opportunity possible. That's why three players announced they're transferring from Syracuse in the last week. They feel they'd be better off elsewhere. I don't blame them, I don't blame AOC, I don't blame a single transfer ever.

Of course, you knew all this, and this was just a random Duke hate post due to quarantine boredom. I get it.