Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject2020 Chicago Bears Discussion Thread
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2713627
2713627, 2020 Chicago Bears Discussion Thread
Posted by allStah, Tue Mar-17-20 08:01 PM
Well, as we live in suspension, Bears made some moves today. Jimmy Graham is a bear. Why? I don’t know.

His ability to make big plays as a TE seems to be toast, and he is terrible at run blocking. And we basically need a run blocking TE, or TE is that is versatile. Why not hit the draft for that need? A declining TE to assist a QB lacking conviction?

Teddy Bridgewater shunned us, even though we matched his panthers offer. He didn’t sign because Trubisky is still on the roster. He wanted to be guaranteed the position. I’m not totally sold on Teddy, but he is very competent and can play the position. If Trubisky plays like shit next season, Ryan pace is going to get fried like green tomatoes in chicken grease.

Trubisky has to make the PO now, no excuses

2713648, Nick Foles to Chicago for a 4th
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Mar-18-20 12:34 PM
2713655, Said it before, when we missed on the QB, that was all she wrote
Posted by select_from_where, Wed Mar-18-20 03:49 PM
that was the difference between contending and regression

now we are on the slow slope down the drain.

everything else is window dressing.

we will be selling off assets after Ryan Pace gets fired, so get ready NFL, fire sale incoming.
2713660, ^^100
Posted by allStah, Wed Mar-18-20 05:33 PM
Foles is an excellent QB , but is insanely injury prone, and has broke his collarbone twice! With our oline, no way he finishes a season.

No way should we be investing in this guy. Dalton should have been the target, even though I'm not sold on him. He is healthy, is not injury prone, and is not old. I would be willing to take my chances.

And I would take my chances on Winston on a one year deal, because he is the most talented.

At the end of the day, this shit does not matter due to what we are dealing with as a human race at the moment.
2713765, Foles is an excellent QB?
Posted by The Real, Tue Mar-24-20 07:48 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2713769, RE: Foles is an excellent QB?
Posted by allStah, Tue Mar-24-20 09:34 AM
There is no question about his skill. He has it all in my opinion ,but is just highly injury prone and can’t ntrust him to stay on the field.

Arm strength
Accuracy
Not a running QB, but can scramble
Is not a turn over machine
High IQ

Probably would have have went on to win a second SB had alshon not dropped the ball.

2713748, as a Foles convert (LOL) I'm not happy he's in the NFC
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Mar-21-20 05:20 PM
but maybe he can succeed in this environment.

Treat him well, Chicago.