Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIf the NBA resumes in 4 weeks, should they go straight
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2713447
2713447, If the NBA resumes in 4 weeks, should they go straight
Posted by allStah, Thu Mar-12-20 05:54 PM
into the Playoffs?

I believe they should based on the current seedings. Or with the seeds that sit out of the playoff, do a one game elimination round, and the last two teams standing in the east and west get placed into the playoffs.

It would be like a playoffs between the worst teams in the league, and then they get promoted to the regular playoffs. Instead of trying to play out the 30 remaining games.

Create an entirely different format.
2713448, It's minimum 30 days, and no.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Mar-12-20 05:58 PM
2713449, nah I want a little warmup for the playoffs
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Mar-12-20 06:04 PM
2713450, RE: nah I want a little warmup for the playoffs
Posted by allStah, Thu Mar-12-20 06:06 PM
What warmup is there to do, we pretty much know who is who and what is what. It's only one more month of basketball to be played.

If they do resume in 4 weeks, I can't see them playing all 30 missed games. It will have to be truncated or reformatted.
2713518, They'll need a week or two of games to get back up to speed
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Sun Mar-15-20 03:39 PM
Bulk of the players are not gonna be doing shit during this hiatus so they'll need a little bit of time to get back in the groove.

Throw them straight into the playoffs and you're gonna have a bunch of rock-fight games and the Bucks losing in the first round.
2713452, Moot point. This shit ain't getting resolved in a month.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Mar-12-20 06:24 PM
And then you think, well, how about in the summer? Let's say July. How do you play either the final part of the season and the playoffs or even just the playoffs and then start up again in October? What do you do with the draft?

My guess is that the NBA, NHL and NCAA just lost their championships this year.
2713453, Right, it"s a wrap.
Posted by Beezo, Thu Mar-12-20 06:38 PM
>And then you think, well, how about in the summer? Let's say
>July. How do you play either the final part of the season and
>the playoffs or even just the playoffs and then start up again
>in October? What do you do with the draft?
>
>My guess is that the NBA, NHL and NCAA just lost their
>championships this year.
2713454, RE: Moot point. This shit ain't getting resolved in a month.
Posted by allStah, Thu Mar-12-20 06:41 PM
You make some good points, some really good points, especially with the draft.

I'm just being optimistic, and I know how serious it is, but if it does reverse, and the new cases start to decrease, and not increase, they will resume the season.

However, if it goes into June, then I would probably say that is a wrap. But If they are back up in April or May, we will have some sort of playoff format.

Soccer and basketball hits hard, because of the frequency of games and matches compared to football which is just played weekly.
2713455, I’m trying to not get too down about it but...yeah.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Mar-12-20 07:53 PM
2713466, Yeah agree
Posted by Vector, Fri Mar-13-20 06:55 AM
2713492, Bumping back the draft isn't a *huge* deal, I don't think.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Mar-13-20 12:29 PM
But you're right that it starts to become a logistical nightmare the later they'd bump.

*Maybe* if this thing is over by May (it almost certainly won't be), they could go straight to the playoffs-- or even do some sort of truncated playoffs with the top 4 teams from each conference. I'm sure they *want* to do something, not just for tradition but for revenue. And even if it ends a little later and they push back the draft and the Summer League by 2-4 weeks, I don't think it'd be the end of the world logistically.

It's just a matter of if they feel confident that everything is getting better by then and if they feel like going through the logistical rigamarole that planning all of this would entail. And I... am skeptical that that combination of things can be overridden.
2713494, :((((((((
Posted by Amritsar, Fri Mar-13-20 02:34 PM
2713495, i think its more likely that they finish this year AND start next season late
Posted by Cenario, Fri Mar-13-20 03:12 PM
vs. scrapping this year to start next on time.
2713467, they should let every team in the playoffs and seed em.
Posted by Reeq, Fri Mar-13-20 07:04 AM
then go single elimination. march madness style.
2713469, Fuck around and have Cleveland win it all against ATL
Posted by josephmurf2384, Fri Mar-13-20 07:19 AM
2713500, that would be epic and the only way harden could get a ring lol
Posted by guru0509, Sat Mar-14-20 02:14 AM
>then go single elimination. march madness style.
2713511, i'm not mad at this
Posted by jrocc, Sat Mar-14-20 11:10 PM
2713519, That'll be the last option but it should be the first
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Sun Mar-15-20 03:45 PM
The season already got an asterisk, go for it.
2713526, Plus Silver is trying to tinker with an in season tournament etc
Posted by guru0509, Mon Mar-16-20 01:05 AM
this would be the perfect lab to test it out in
2713528, yup shit wont really count anyway. at least make it memorable.
Posted by Reeq, Mon Mar-16-20 06:18 AM
imagine watching a cinderella run in the nba playoffs.
2713730, this would be my vote if it did come back
Posted by mista k5, Fri Mar-20-20 03:08 PM
2713484, If they resume (and they will because $$$...don't be fooled)
Posted by auragin_boi, Fri Mar-13-20 09:04 AM
It'll be like 5-10 games, then the playoffs. They might consider not having fans attend at first but they are going to play televised games either way for that TV $$$.

Prolly won't start until June. The first round might be 'old-schooled' and be best of 5.

It'll run into early/mid July. And then they'll decide how to handle the Olympics if the Olympics still happen.

I'm assuming they might bi-pass even if they are held.

Then from July through end of August you'd get Draft, FA, etc.

Then they'd get a month off, shorten preseason for next yr and back to business as usual. Maaaaaaaybe a slight delay to the start of next season.

But anyone thinking owners and players will sit at home until late Sept/Oct is kidding themselves. Per Woj, owners are already in Silver's ear about playing after 30 days.
2713527, We need to disabuse ourselves of any notion that it's coming back...
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Mar-16-20 02:01 AM
....this season. We're due for another panic point in a week at the most. Once the tests start to get out there and we get a better picture of just how many people have the virus, plus more people start dying, it's going change the national conversation even more drastically. If nothing else, it'll solidify that the country is going to be on lock for about 8 weeks if we're lucky. And after, I really, really doubt there'll be any talk of trying to hold the play-offs.
2713529, Basically. n/m
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Mar-16-20 07:47 AM
2713531, You underestimate the power of $$$$
Posted by auragin_boi, Mon Mar-16-20 09:39 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28908729/sources-owners-execs-bracing-mid-late-june-best-case-scenario-nba-return

They are going to play this out. Whenever the CDC says it's ok.

They had already played 80% of the regular season. Yeah, lotto squads might be out but the playoffs will happen. They might allow for 5 warm up games prior to. Then likely do a 5-7-7-7 format for the Summer.

Olympics might be off the table for some NBA teams but they still might be able to field a squad for those from the lotto/eliminated teams. Gives them a few weeks to practice in July. Maybe time for a warm up game or two.
2713574, you underestimate the stupidity of Americans
Posted by Damali, Mon Mar-16-20 11:15 PM
there are still millions of people who aren't taking community spread seriously, and won't until everything is shut down

people are still travelling between cities and states, getting on planes, hanging out at beaches, congregating on the streets

its going to get far worse and the people who will pay most dearly are those on the front lines: hospital workers, emts, service workers, drivers...

we haven't seen anything yet. basketball isn't coming back this year.

d
2713582, This might be the case but I'm still sitting in an office because my
Posted by auragin_boi, Tue Mar-17-20 08:12 AM
employer values $$$ over our safety.

So I can see first hand how corporate greed >>> human life.

While government might require us to all sit home for a while at some point, as soon as the teams can play, they will. May not be in front of audiences but that TV money means A LOT to them.

The article spells it out. The NBA intends to finish the season at some point this summer.
2713578, some of y'all need to ask the people you're around
Posted by Rjcc, Tue Mar-17-20 04:46 AM
if you're really the smartest person in the room like you seem to think you are.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
2713581, Some of you are so miserable that you should figure out a way
Posted by auragin_boi, Tue Mar-17-20 08:10 AM
to be less of a irritant to other people. Maybe quarantine and less contact with the outside world is exactly what you need. Cancel your internet and do some self reflection.

But you likely won't because your inflated sense of superior opinion makes you unable to see your own faults and burden to the general public. When the truth is, you're just an asshole with an opinion like everybody else.

*shrug*
2713737, lol damn.
Posted by guru0509, Fri Mar-20-20 07:06 PM
>to be less of a irritant to other people. Maybe quarantine
>and less contact with the outside world is exactly what you
>need. Cancel your internet and do some self reflection.
>
>But you likely won't because your inflated sense of superior
>opinion makes you unable to see your own faults and burden to
>the general public. When the truth is, you're just an asshole
>with an opinion like everybody else.
>
>*shrug*
2713963, that suggestion really bothered the shit out of you.
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Apr-11-20 12:36 AM
so you already know the truth, cool.

2713538, I think it's more likely that they postpone '20/'21 season
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Mar-16-20 11:30 AM
or amend the 20/21 season to be shorter (which Silver has been considering anyway - so this could be a beta test shortened season) than cancelling the '20 playoffs altogether.

Wouldn't the priority be to not have this season be a complete wash than to prioritize starting next season on time?

Seems playoffs/finals are much more valued/important than starting next year's regular season on-schedule.

-->
2713723, that's what I think/am hoping the leagues do
Posted by smutsboy, Fri Mar-20-20 12:11 PM
Come back in June/July (hopefully), shortened season -> playoffs -> shorten next season by a month or two.
2713604, 4 Nets got it. This season is done
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Mar-17-20 03:01 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1240004036214087681
2713722, Silver on prospects of a return (ESPN)
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Mar-20-20 11:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEoaoCz5Cf0

-->
2713724, Yeah, they are thinking of just making the season run Dec/Jan
Posted by auragin_boi, Fri Mar-20-20 12:16 PM
Through July/August. Said then they don't have to compete with NFL 2021 forward.

Also gives them some room to wait out the shut down and start back up in July with no pressure.
2713731, I don't see it. I don't see anything resuming for at least 5 months
Posted by allStah, Fri Mar-20-20 04:10 PM
The way US hospitals are becoming overwhelmed,and major operations are being suspended or canceled, I just don't see.

We are talking about 2 months to POSSIBLY get the curve down, and then if we do get the curve down, it will take probably another 3-5 months just to get businesses and corporations back into meaningful operation. After that, you have to get people to feel safe and secure with returning back to normal.

2713739, Fam we gotta start taking about the nfl season being impacted
Posted by Amritsar, Fri Mar-20-20 08:28 PM
Not the actual 16 game season I don’t think. But the workouts, training camps etc.
2713830, Yeah Goodell seems to be delusional about this whole thing
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Sat Mar-28-20 01:08 PM
Threatening employees for criticizing the decision to keep going with the draft.

This shit isnt going to be gone anytime soon
2713839, that shyt goin to return right in time for the 2nd wave of outbreaks
Posted by SeV, Sun Mar-29-20 07:26 PM

DALLAS LAKERICKS LETS GO!!
2713985, as more time goes on this reply gets scarier and scarier
Posted by Amritsar, Mon Apr-13-20 10:38 AM
2713964, can we just agree to ignore allstah posts
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Apr-11-20 12:36 AM

2713966, I’m not sure how they could have the season at this point.
Posted by allStah, Sat Apr-11-20 07:59 AM
Based on information provided on espn, the league is still contemplating having players
play behind closed doors if the CDC gives the okay on easing back restrictions in May. I think that’s just optimistic talk.

Maybe Baseball and Football have a shot at playing this year, but, right now, it looks like the current NBA season is dead. The US extended the lockdown date, and even China has yet to resume its CBA league, and they have been locked down for close to 3 months.

Also, Germany is going to resume its biggest sport. Soccer players have returned to practice and they plan on playing games behind closed doors. This will be the first country to resume sports during the pandemic. You know American sports leagues will be monitoring closely, and will definitely have an effect on their restart strategies.

We shall see. That’s all we can do.

Hope everyone is staying safe.

2713978, This HORSE is so trash
Posted by calminvasion, Sun Apr-12-20 07:35 PM
I'm getting so deuterate I was actually looking forward to it
2713979, Lol they tried....i feel like some sort of shootout contest woulda worked
Posted by Cenario, Sun Apr-12-20 11:10 PM
Better. Like a different 3pt contest.

HORSE is not a spectator sport
2713980, It was cute and harmless. A net positive. And not really about hoop.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Mon Apr-13-20 08:25 AM

It was more about seeing the faces, their homes,
their families.

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "
2714356, Woj: Beginning on May 1, the NBA is allowing teams to open their practice facilities to players in cities and states where local governments have eased stay-at-home orders, sources tell ESPN.
Posted by j0510, Sat Apr-25-20 05:31 PM
Beginning on May 1, the NBA is allowing teams to open their practice facilities to players in cities and states where local governments have eased stay-at-home orders, sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1254168619761704962
2714357, RE: Woj: Beginning on May 1, the NBA is allowing teams to open their practice facilities to players in cities and states where local governments have eased stay-at-home orders, sources tell ESPN.
Posted by allStah, Sat Apr-25-20 05:36 PM
So Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Chicago, and New York are screwed? Chicago has extended its lockdown until the middle or end of May.
2714358, Makes sense
Posted by Cenario, Sat Apr-25-20 06:53 PM
2714360, sounds like an unfair advantage for some teams.
Posted by Reeq, Sun Apr-26-20 12:04 AM
2714376, Of course it is...but it wouldnt make sense to stop it.
Posted by Cenario, Sun Apr-26-20 12:43 PM
If they didnt use the team's facilities players could still gather at a local gym. They'd still have an unfair advantage.
2714361, Screws the Cali teams and most of the Eastern play-off teams
Posted by mrhood75, Sun Apr-26-20 12:17 AM
I don't think Utah ever went to shelter in place. Even if places like Texas and Florida and still sheltering, I'm sure the governors of both Texas and Florida would give exemptions to anyone who wants to do anything.

Even if Cali stops sheltering in place sometime in MayJune, no way Newsom allows games to go on here, even in an empty arena.
2714362, Feels pointless
Posted by DJR, Sun Apr-26-20 09:13 AM
This season is a wrap. A 2+ month break in the middle of the season - you can’t finish that season IMO. Start prepping for 2021, when it’s deemed safe to do so.
2714363, basically...
Posted by ThaTruth, Sun Apr-26-20 10:23 AM
>This season is a wrap. A 2+ month break in the middle of the
>season - you can’t finish that season IMO. Start prepping
>for 2021, when it’s deemed safe to do so.
2714364, I think it feels more pointless not to have closure to the season
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Apr-26-20 10:50 AM
Perhaps they won't finish out the reg. season - but I see them having some sort of a playoff/finals finale to the season - and starting next season late - than just scrapping this year altogether.
2714365, Players and owners want to continue so i'd be shocked
Posted by Cenario, Sun Apr-26-20 10:52 AM
If they dont.

They can always start the next season late

They already throwing out xmas 2020 as the latest start date.
2714369, as usual, it's all about the money
Posted by smutsboy, Sun Apr-26-20 11:37 AM
players, owners and the league will lose millions if not trillions (combined) by not finishing the season.

The rational thing to do is just cancel it. NBA & NHL hadn't even started the playoffs yet. Who cares if you cancel now?

But b/c of the money, they're not going to give up.
2714380, Yup. I could see something quick starting in June.
Posted by B.J.S.301, Sun Apr-26-20 02:55 PM
Or Mid may.
2714382, And wrap under the guise of "pride"
Posted by MEAT, Sun Apr-26-20 06:04 PM
2714446, Yup - but it's also about not wanting this year to be for nothing
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Apr-28-20 08:56 AM
These players put a ton of work in and have played ~3/4ths of a season - to just say it "nah forget it" instead of trying to salvage the playoffs doesn't make much sense (either financially or from a sport/competitive perspective).

-->
2714458, understood, but it's kind of zero sum
Posted by smutsboy, Tue Apr-28-20 11:48 AM
as things stand right now*, you can either cancel the season (or "postpone indefinitely") which is by far the responsible thing to do for public health, and for all the other people who will get infected from sports reopening (even in empty stadiums) (cooks, cleaners, bus drivers, laundry attendants, hundreds or thousands of people)

Or you can play out the season so that the 3/4ths played already doesn't go for nothing.

But you can't reopen AND not create new infection vectors for people who would otherwise be safe(r).

Trust me, as Liverpool fan (who 2 wins away from their first title in 30(!) years), I understand the instinct. But it's just not the right thing to do.

Also that second option is classic example of sunk cost fallacy.

*maybe we get a miracle vaccine, maybe it turns out face masks are way more effective than we thought they were, maybe Donald Trump gets deposed and we get a federal government that's even 1/10th as competent as places like Hong Kong and China.

I'm not holding my breath.

as long as the R-naught is above 1, we are fucked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_reproduction_number
2714484, Great points - but basketball games can be staged relatively easily
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Apr-29-20 11:46 AM
It won't be what people are used to (packed arenas with thousands of screaming fans) - but unlike the NFL or Soccer - you can stage a glorified scrimmage (with no fans) in a very controlled setting that isn't open-air. You'd also have to have testing mechanisms in place on a day-to-day basis and other hurdles.

I think the question of whether that would even be worth it (or feel even remotely close to actual game-play) is another thing - but if you're the NBA - you have to explore every avenue possible within acceptable parameters.

Also - state laws are going to vary drastically. For example - California has signaled a much stricter policy with regards to public gatherings/large events than Florida. So the lack of uniformity will also present challenges.

It's a mess - but there may still be a potential to resume play in some capacity - just not at the level that we've grown accustomed to.

-->
2714486, Oh I agree, definitely think it's still possible
Posted by smutsboy, Wed Apr-29-20 12:05 PM
and as far as english soccer, am praying for it every day.

But the things the US needs in place for it to happen seem depressingly far off, starting with the pathetic testing capacity the US is currently at.

2714431, The NBA has rescheduled its' practice facility reopening to
Posted by allStah, Mon Apr-27-20 04:53 PM
May 8th, and even that date is highly contingent on the continuing observation of the trajectory of Covid-19.

My take from this is that the majority of people in the NBA still are not comfortable with resuming basketball operations.

2714432, what exactly would they have in place to make sure it doesnt spread
Posted by Reeq, Mon Apr-27-20 05:04 PM
like it did before they shut the league down?

these arent quarantined practice facilities in the hypothetical bubble cities. these are buildings where athletes come and go as they please while interacting with other human beings outside on a daily basis.

theyre gonna have these dudes in ‘reopened’ cities breathing and rubbing up on each other and just pray for a better outcome than before?

nobody is wondering why leagues in other countries havent resumed things?
2714436, Um, why did the Lakers apply for the Paycheck Protection Program?
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Apr-27-20 07:41 PM
I know they returned the $4.6 million, and the federal government is a joke for giving it to them, but why the fuck did they apply for it in the first place?

This goes for any NBA franchise who applied for the loans, not just one of the most profitable franchises. Shame on any org. that did this.
2714445, https://i.imgur.com/zlyGobt.gif
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Tue Apr-28-20 08:55 AM
https://i.imgur.com/zlyGobt.gif

I'm not surprised or even upset they applied. If you meet the criteria, you should try to get it. There are people who weren't affected by COVID (i.e. still regularly employed) that are accepting stimulus checks even though the checks are supposed to provide relief from the virus' impacts.

I think the bigger question is why did large orgs like NBA franchises and bigger companies jump to the front of the line and get their loans while most actual small businesses were left empty handed.
2714447, I think with some of these larger organizations their financial people...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Apr-28-20 09:02 AM
are in the background scrambling to get whatever funds they can and not really thinking about the PR ramifications
2714459, Re: jumping the line
Posted by smutsboy, Tue Apr-28-20 11:53 AM
I apologize in advance for being a technical nerd but

tl;dr: the entire thing was set up to prioritize bigger orgs, even in a "small business" agenda.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020/04/why-dont-we-just-provide-an-emergency-basic-income-to-businesses.html

“The structure of the compensation (as well as the incentives banks face in general) meant they prioritized larger and wealthier clients in access to the funds. This was worsened by the structure of the fees, which should have been lump sum amounts (or even provided greater compensation for processing smaller dollar loans) but instead provided compensation based on percentages of loan size. This created the obvious incentive to focus energy on processing large loans for big clients rather than small clients. As if all this wasn’t enough, Small Business Administration rules meant that the 500 employee limit applied per establishment and not per business as a whole so a number of medium sized businesses were able to get access. “
2714449, RE: Um, why did the Lakers apply for the Paycheck Protection Program?
Posted by allStah, Tue Apr-28-20 09:09 AM
They have less than 300 employees, so they qualified for the plan. When they found out that other small businesses didn’t receive funding, due to the PPP being exhausted of funds, they returned the money.

The lakers are a business ,and the majority of the people on a sports team’s payroll are service workers. With no revenue coming in due to stay at home orders, it’s a huge financial burden to pay those workers.

You have to think of the hundreds of workers who make a living selling food and beverages, being aisle ushers , working security, supervising and superintending the arena, as well as providing janitorial services.

They wouldn’t have been wrong had they kept the money, so that was a tremendous humanitarian effort on their part.

2714728, because cloaks ain't cheap.
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Sun May-10-20 01:26 PM
2714443, Damn, RIP Sebastian Telfair's mother and brother
Posted by mrhood75, Tue Apr-28-20 01:19 AM
Both died due to COVID-19. Dan passed a few weeks ago, and Erica succumbed just recently. Awful.
2714448, damn, peace to Bassy, I was a huge stan back in the day
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Apr-28-20 09:04 AM
2714454, awful news :(
Posted by CherNic, Tue Apr-28-20 10:45 AM
2714746, damn, man...how do you even go on?
Posted by Dstl1, Mon May-11-20 08:50 AM
2714471, France has cancelled all sports until September.
Posted by allStah, Wed Apr-29-20 12:21 AM
That's a wrap. Basketball is not going to happen here. Golden State said they are operating as if their season is over.

2714475, Meanwhile Germany's still planning to reopen the Bundesliga
Posted by smutsboy, Wed Apr-29-20 08:07 AM
I don't get it.
2714483, That's because their season *been* over
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Apr-29-20 11:39 AM
>That's a wrap. Basketball is not going to happen here. Golden
>State said they are operating as if their season is over.

Real easy to make that declaration when you tanked all season long.
2714720, So if they resume sans fans which players you think benefit from being in an empty gym
Posted by josephmurf2384, Sat May-09-20 06:54 PM
I could definitely see the environment causing different people to play better or worse. Andrew Wiggins seems like one of those guys that may have a different mentality. Bron obviously already can take over any game but in an empty gym i could see him destroying dudes mentally.
2714732, It's quite likely that the season will resume
Posted by Vex_id, Sun May-10-20 02:11 PM
but it will look nothing like what we've grown accustomed to. Latest is that their discussing implementing protocols that they believe won't just affect the remainder of this season - but will go well into next season as well. So hosting games in Nevada & Florida in strictly controlled settings - sans fans - seems to be what they're preparing for through 2021.

-->
2714834, Woj: Attendees left Board of Governors call w/ Adam Silver today feeling positive about momentum toward an NBA return to play this season. Discussion included how league/players will need to get comfo
Posted by j0510, Tue May-12-20 09:41 PM
ESPN Sources: Attendees left Board of Governors call w/ Adam Silver today feeling positive about momentum toward an NBA return to play this season. Discussion included how league/players will need to get comfortable w/ some positive tests for virus not shutting down a resumption

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1260378678149644289
2714837, Adam Silver told those on the NBA’s Board of Governors call Tuesday that if a positive test would "shut us down, we probably shouldn't go down this path,” sources said.
Posted by j0510, Wed May-13-20 07:18 AM
Adam Silver told those on the NBA’s Board of Governors call Tuesday that if a positive test would "shut us down, we probably shouldn't go down this path,” sources said.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1260537339874590727