Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm still writing workouts for my track team...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2713281&mesg_id=2713921
2713921, I'm still writing workouts for my track team...
Posted by Walleye, Tue Apr-07-20 12:27 PM
... and just sending them out into the void, as per my athletic director's instructions. The good thing is that my distance crew is in one of the rare situations where this doesn't actually disrupt their training that much. The DMV hasn't restricted going outside for exercise, and they don't need a track to get a lot of this work done. They just can't do it together.

It's pretty weird though. Our spring sports season hasn't technically been canceled, but obviously it's going to be - even if we just get to mid-April and you get week-by-week cancellations instead of one big one. Ordinarily, I'd start pulling back on the volume in about a week or two and start letting them build speed, but that seems beyond silly. At the same time, admitting that we're not going to race and trying to get them ready for cross country would be way easier but somehow seems like cheating the regular structure of the season somehow? I don't know how to describe that exact emotion, particularly when I'll probably get over it soon.

I have received some evidence that some of the runners are doing some of the workouts. And folks seem to like it, so I'm going to keep it up. It'll be like a weird shadow season.