Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWhat I'd like to see (long): End the Season now, and:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2713184&mesg_id=2713520
2713520, What I'd like to see (long): End the Season now, and:
Posted by dillinjah, Sun Mar-15-20 04:06 PM
1) Declare liverpool champs;
I do genuinely feel bad for longtime liverpool season ticket holders being deprived of the chance to properly celebrate, but c'est la vie.

2) Uphold City's CL ban starting next season, because the Emiratis obviously deserve that shit.

3) Leicester gets the 2nd CL slot, and unfortunately Chelsea the 3rd slot. There's def an argument against exempting Chelsea from the proposed playoff below, but I think overall they've done enough throughout the season to keep their slot.

4) Championship style playoffs for the last CL slot between United & Wolves, and the same for the Europa between Sheffield, Spurs and Arsenal. Maybe have Spurs v Arsenal @ Wembley for the right to go to Sheffield, along with United & Wolves in a neutral venue.

This is where it gets contentious, obviously. I wish there was a way to give the last 2 CL spots to Wolves and Sheffield, leaving Chelsea, United, Spurs & Arsenal to battle for the Europa league.

I certainly recognize that on current form, and frankly talent, United merits the last CL slot. But fuck the Glazers, and every United fan not from Manchester.

Moreover Sheffield has a game in hand, that if they had won would have put them a point up on United. So maybe Sheffield deserves to battle it out for the CL spot with United. Wolves are just a better side than Sheffield though, we all know this.

5) Relegate Norwich only, with a playoff between Leeds & West Brom for the 1 promotion slot. Everyone else in the relegation zone stays up.

This is where it's really tough, given the financial implications. I'd personally like to see Norwich, Brighton and especially the Hammers go down. I have a soft spot for Aston Villa (they're good fans) and I've grown accustomed to Bournemouth and Watford in the EPL. I've really nothing against Norwich or Brighton, but the former clearly isn't up to speed, and the latter really doesn't offer much of anything. And fuck West Ham.

Overall it's just too early to call how things would turn out in the bottom of the EPL and top of the championship, other than that Norwich is the worst in the EPL and Leeds and West Brom are the best in the Championship.