Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Damn, nets fired Kenny Atkinson
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2713019&mesg_id=2713059
2713059, RE: Damn, nets fired Kenny Atkinson
Posted by allStah, Sun Mar-08-20 06:41 AM
Rumor has it that Kenny actually wanted it more than the org did. He wasnt keen anymore on coaching Durant and Kyrie. People forget Kenny played and coached overseas and was a point guard as a player. He is about ball movement, which is why the ball moves so well, and he puts the ball in spencer’s Hand.

I think he knows that the nets are better with Spencer ( based on how he coaches him) , and I think he knew , it was inevitable that the nets were going to move on sooner than later. A team just doesn’t fire a coach who is having a PO run. Also if you look at the bench during games , and watch KD and Kyrie talking to each other regarding certain plays, I think Kenny no longer wanted to be a part of that shit.

That’s how you know this dude is a good coach. It’s like you’re seeing the success that the team is having now, and how your system works with LeVert and Spencer, but knowing that has to change when two ball dominant players come back, he already knew. Plus the controversial personalities of the two stars..

Report here

“Kenny Atkinson was looking for an exit and received his wish when he and the Brooklyn Nets agreed to part ways Saturday.

According to Yahoo Sports' Vincent Goodwill, Atkinson struggled to mesh with the team's two biggest offseason acquisitions, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. Goodwill's sources said the coach "wasn't fond of coaching Durant and Irving based on what he saw this season and would rather something happen now than at the end of the season."