Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: What's been your experience with sports betting?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2712939&mesg_id=2712961
2712961, RE: What's been your experience with sports betting?
Posted by allStah, Thu Mar-05-20 01:44 PM
Yes. I’m a huge fandual guy. And I too have won here and there, most from straight cash games and not guaranteed players pool.

Out of all the sports, basketball is the hardest to win the top top cash prizes, because basketball is about ceiling and not floor. And in order to even have a chance at the top
Prize in GGP games you have to be able to score 400 points, so keep that in mind when selecting your players. And scoring 400 points is hard as shit. I’ve never done it. Closest I got was 390 something and it was all because one player got scratched. But 390 in cash single entry games can make you some good money

I too suspect that fantasy sites have accounts that automatically update to players that are having the best night. However, there are normal accounts that have won who selected a good line up. Also I’m sure they duplicate every participants lineup, especially in the GPP games, because those games are multi entry games with a limit of 153 entries per person.

However it’s still a fair shot, because it’s about the lineup that you select. What people don’t understand is that those top winners are using lineup generators to generate 153 different Lineups based on probability formulas. The average person is manually generating lineups, so chances are not going to be as great, but it doesn’t mean you can’t win. You can still win money, just not the big prizes. But those small wins can add up to good money over time if done consistently. But everyone looks for the big homerun play

The games to play are the games where there are a low amount of entries, like the top 50 percent win, double ups, top 3 to 100 win. Also those games are limited to either one entry per person or no more than three entries

Again basketball is the hardest because there are so many players on one team that can score big. A weak shooting player like Rubio can put up 50 points just off of his ability to get steals and blocked shots, and can do it every night . In football, that type of scoring consistency doesn’t exist so you don’t need a lot of scoring, you just need for players to get at least 10 - 15 points each to have a shot. So football is about floor and basketball is about ceiling.

Also matchups matters more in basketball, because in the right matchup a weak bench player can focking get 50 points all because his team was up by 30 by halftime, so he gets garbage minutes. Players don’t get garbage mins in football, starters play the whole game even in blowouts. So you could select a bum ass player for a blow out game and win the game. That’s why every night you see a player in a winning lineup who went off out of nowhere. Take Caris LeVert, now he is not a bum, but he went into the fourth q with 14 points in the game, and was around 18 points in fantasy. Dude he snapped for 31 points in the fourth quarter! And finished with 51 points for the game, and 60 something points for fantasy. That shit never happens in football, only your star players will put up points weekly, which is why getting that top RB, qb, etc is important. In basketball all positions will and can go off every night.

Also injuries are not as costly in football like they are in basketball. A football player can go down, but avg points per player in football is like what 10 to 15 points? So another player could make that up. But in basketball? A player fouls out or gets injured? It’s over. It’s no making up for that in any way possible. That’s the worse.

Also basketball has this habit of late scratches. That’s the worse and heartbreaking. Right at the start of the game a player gets scratched equals fucked.

So in basketball never write off any player, and think matchups and ceilings. Also try to stay away from chalk plays, which is a player that is going to be used by the majority of the entries. Now there are some chalk plays that you have to play regardless, like Giannis or Kawhi because of their consistency, especially Giannis and especially on a low game slate, where only 3 or 5 games are being played. But if Zach Lavine has a ceiling of 60 to 70 points, and he has scored that before, and his salary is way cheaper, I’m going to take him over Harden because I know the majority of the pool is going to play harden. That will allow me to jump all those who played harden if their scoring is the same or Lavine scores higher and my other players score high as well. You want to think like that for every position. Matchups/ ceiling/ chalk plays/ injury prone, etc

But basketball is hard as fock, but still worth it.

Also, use those cheap multi entry nickel games to create your lineups. I’ll create 10 entries ( 50 cents total) then I’ll take what I feel is my best 4 lineups and put them in the multi entry quarter games ( 1.00 total). Then I’ll take one game each from the 4 entries, and put one in a single entry cash game ( 1 dollar game. 2 dollar game, 3 dollar game, and maybe a 7 or 9 dollar game , depends on the game slate.). It usually comes out to about no more than 5 or 10 dollars a night. And that’s not from new money, just from the account that I built up, which is about 25.00 right now ( I transfer earnings out). So either I break even, lose that 5 or ten dollars( which never happens , because you will win something whether small or large). Or win 15 to 100 dollars, with the hopes of winning the top prizes. Lately, I’ve just been winning a few bucks here and there. Shit is hard, but you will not kill your funds or go broke.

Better than playing the lottery or betting. You’re pretty much always in the game. ...but fandual is getting rich as fock though.