Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe best way to bet really is to just know a professional.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2712939&mesg_id=2712950
2712950, The best way to bet really is to just know a professional.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Mar-05-20 02:30 AM
And try to piggy back their shit. That's what I do. Because when they bet, they're betting, like, right when the line opens. It's a lot harder to find those "bad line" edges hours before the game.

Or, for people not in the position to know a professional gambler they trust, bet on *just* your team if you watch them consistently enough. My betting record when betting on or against Duke is waaaaaay better than my record with anything else. If you follow a team for years, and their coaching/system is fairly consistent, then you can really pick up on a lot of things-- like locations where they tend to struggle, whether they play certain halves better, positions of particular importance for the system, certain spots on the schedule where it seems like they struggle annually, etc. I've been betting against Duke in 1Hs of road ACC games for three years now, and my hit rate is *absurd.* But really I only know to do this because I suffer through so many shitty first halves in these spots, lmao.

I also think college is easier than the pros imo, because the divide in talent between pros is so minimal. The worst team is definitely capable of beating the best team. College tends to have greater talent divides. If you know where positionally a team's talent strengths and weaknesses are, you can pick up small advantages there. It's really fucking hard to bet on pro basketball consistently well imo. Trades and season length add serious variables.