Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: What's been your experience with sports betting?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2712939&mesg_id=2712940
2712940, RE: What's been your experience with sports betting?
Posted by allStah, Wed Mar-04-20 07:07 PM
I bet, but I switch my betting to Daily Sports Fantasy betting. You have more control as a bettor, and it’s not left up to officiating. It’s not easy, but you can bet less to win more, and you feel like you’re part of a game. However, research is necessary, so you have to stay on top of injury reports and daily matchups. The bad thing about fantasy is if one of your players get injured or fouls out, you’re screwed.

With fantasy, even if I lose, I feel more comfortable with it because my team was based on my selection and I simply selected the wrong players.

You can have success with betting, but you have to be disciplined. I once turned 25 dollars into 700.00 in one week, but instead of taking profit I lost it all by going for one big bet. I wasn’t too mad because it was Mostly house money because I started with 25 dollars. But just think about the people who bet hundreds or thousands of dollars doing that it can brutal

Most people think they know sports, but they don’t, especially the public. You have to really understand teams and how they play, weather, home and on the road, all that shit matters. Favorites and underdogs mean nothing, it’s all about the line and how it moves.

The best way to bet is to start off with a bankroll, and bet across multiple games, giving yourself a chance to win the night. For instance when I was traditionally betting, I would start off with 100.00, and bet 20.00 a game, which is 5 games. My goal was to at lest go 3 out of 5, giving me a 20.00 profit every night. The key is to not make anymore bets after that, no matter if you win or lose. That’s the hard part. Because if you lose, and start to chase bets to make up for it, you lose even more. Also if you win, don’t get greedy.

The only reason I stopped regular betting is because I don’t have free money like that to chance anything. I would only bet with money I could risk. This is why I don’t understand people who bet money they know they can’t afford to lose...

Also stay away from those new betting sports shows ...they know absolutely nothing.