Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWilder-Fury II
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2712467&mesg_id=2712467
2712467, Wilder-Fury II
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
The first bout had the juice - and was one of the highest profile HW bouts fought in America in the new century. Fury remains the lineal champ (ever since his upset of Wladmir Klitschko) - and Wilder remains the belt-holder/current baddest man on the planet with the ultimate eraser of a right hand.

I expect Wilder to fight a much more polished fight than he did in the first bout - where he was wild, sloppy, and undisciplined. But he will be hunting all night - per his usual - for that one opening to finish the fight with one thudding shot. He is among the greatest of all time in terms of KO % and one-shot power - and he does with a flare and bravado worthy of all-time consideration as most memorable world champions.

As does Fury - who is one of the most unique HWs you'll ever watch. a 6'9" Goliath who fights like a David - dancing on the outside, more elusive that you'd ever imagine him to be - and scoring with sneaky shots behind a very competent 1,2 jab, straight right hand. Fury has maximized his talent and resurrected himself from the brink of suicide. Both Wilder & Fury have incredible personal stories of overcoming adversity - and they both respect each other.

I expect Fury to box well - but not *quite* as well as he did in the first bout. Wilder needed to refine the little things after the first bout, I expect that he did. But ultimately - Wilder is who he is - a big-game hunting KO artist - and he's always been successful at going for the kill (save for the first Stiverne fight where he boxed beautifully).

I think Wilder becomes the lineal champion Saturday night.

Poll question: Wilder-Fury II

Poll result (11 votes)
Wilder by (T)KO (4 votes)Vote
Fury by (T)KO (2 votes)Vote
Wilder by Decision (1 votes)Vote
Fury by Decision (3 votes)Vote
Draw (0 votes)Vote
DQ (1 votes)Vote