Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRussell driving for him this week
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2712423&mesg_id=2726674
2726674, Russell driving for him this week
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Dec-02-20 12:42 PM
Only thing that can slow Hamilton down is COVID. That's some shit. Hope he recovers, and hope the rest of the team isn't hugely affected. Health safety is priority. That said, everything is wrapped up anyway, so Hamilton racing or not doesn't matter. Max now has a shot at a win or two (I assume Lewis won't have a negative test back in time to race next week in the finale). That said...

George Russell, welcome to the big time. Literally coming from a back marker car to the champ's seat has got to be a made for TV movie scenario. If he doesn't score points this weekend I'll be pissed. The person I'm most worried about in this would be Bottas. He's locked in next year for sure. But if George does well in a last minute switch to a car that isn't his, or, worst case, comes in ahead of Bottas, that will not be a good look. That said, Bottas is doing what they need him to do as a wingman, and Hamilton hasn't slowed down yet. All can stay the same come 2021, but at least they have a gunge of the future.