Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMax is a shoe in. Alex? Eh...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2712423&mesg_id=2717489
2717489, Max is a shoe in. Alex? Eh...
Posted by spenzalii, Tue Aug-11-20 05:28 PM
I love Max, even if he's a dick. There has never been a pass he wouldn't take, and he drives the balls off the car. The only problem he has is Hamilton and Mercedes. As long as both are on their game, Max ain't winning, as that Mercedes power is greater than Honda and Hamilton is, at best, a better driver, and at worst, a more experienced driver than Max is. I look forward to years of Max and LeClerc fighting each other, but this year and next, it's probably Hamilton's world. We'll see what the new regs do.

As for Albon. I like him. The two problems he has are he's racing with Max, and he's not close to him in skill, and he's racing for Red Bull, who's not known for keeping #2 drivers. His qualifying and race finished are consistently lower than Max. The one thing that is probably helping Albon out is the fact there's no clear #3 team behind Mercedes and RB, so they should be able to finish 2nd in the standings regardless of the finishing gap between Alex and Max.

This isn't a big knock on Albon at all. He was put in the same situation as Gasley was in last year and managed it better. Probably not to the level that Horner and Marko would like, but not enough to flush him from the team. Besides, what options do they have?