Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Anyone watch Vick 30 for 30? The
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2712040&mesg_id=2712042
2712042, RE: Anyone watch Vick 30 for 30? The
Posted by allStah, Mon Feb-10-20 06:10 AM
Post got cut off.

It’s really hard for me to watch that. I refuse. My perception is that, even though it’s a documentary regarding what he has endured, and what he is still enduring, it’s in the past.

The man paid his dues. He served his time and made up for his criminal actions, regardless of how horrific his actions were. And he is doing everything within his power and being to fight against violent and abusive behavior towards animals.

However, everyone is entitled to volition, so there are people who will
never forget or forgive. And some people feel that Vick and the doc does not disclose just how vicious and evil Vick was towards dogs ,and how he personally killed and tortured dogs.

One newspaper’s take:
( Vick as in Vick the documentary)
“I nonetheless felt frustrated by Vick’s unwillingness to really hold its subject to account, instead letting his apologies remain vague and by the book. Nelson documents how the authorities found eight dead dogs at Vick’s Virginia property, some of which had been drowned and hung. But Vick avoids some of the darker specifics: That the player confessed, after a failed polygraph test, that he himself had helped kill some of those dogs. Or that one dog had reportedly been killed by being slammed back and forth on the ground until its neck shattered. Or that one of the surviving dogs the police found had had all 42 of her teeth pulled out, so she wouldn’t attack the male dogs used to breed with her.”

So I see their point of view as well. But once you realize how he was saturated in that culture through his upbringing, and how that was a way of life in his community, you realize that he was trained to be violent to dogs just like he trained dogs to be violent to other dogs. No human is a natural born killer.