Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: you want it to be one way © Marlo...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2711091&mesg_id=2711829
2711829, RE: you want it to be one way © Marlo...
Posted by allStah, Wed Feb-05-20 08:35 PM
What? You are wrong.

Kawhi’s situation was different. That was more of a medical situation, and he didn’t feel that the .org was dealing with his leg injury properly...totally different. I agreed with Kawhi, because the work conditions were not proper in that situation, especially when one’s health is on the line.

But the Anthony Davis situation? Pure bullshit.

The pelicans put down the red carpet and then some for that guy, and was prepared to give him the super max. He was treated like a king there. But Lebron tampered with him, to get him to force a trade so they could play together. And Davis did just that. So get out of here with that. That was simply a player who wanted to jump ship, take the easy way out, etc.

What kind of league would we have if every player didn’t want to play for a team because they are losing, or because they don’t want to play in a particular city, etc?

There are structures and contracts for a reason, it’s has shit to do with leverage or options for either side. It’s like a salary cap, so that teams can’t just load up on all the top players. Players just can’t say I want out to go join a contender, and that request being met by every team.

Why do you think there are FA options for both sides? That is the leverage. If you have an opt option in your contract, then opt out, or a team has an option not to re sign you, then they don’t resign you. Whatever is in the contract should be adhered to, unless work conditions and labor conditions or health conditions are not being met.

Iggy told the .org that he was prepared to sit out the entire season if he was not traded or bought out. The org said fine, we will try to shop you, and you don’t have to report. The agreement was basically FORCED by Iggy. All because he does not want to play for Memphis. He even mocked the team and made fun of being traded to Memphis.

There is no point of carrying this on. There are people who agree with his stand and actions and people who don’t. I’m in the don’t agree pool.

Plus this is water under a bridge. He was just traded to Miami.