Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: you talk like a 45 year old, white laborer who came off the bench in high's school
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2711091&mesg_id=2711806
2711806, RE: you talk like a 45 year old, white laborer who came off the bench in high's school
Posted by allStah, Wed Feb-05-20 01:37 PM
The name calling and assumptions, and the racist comments you just Made is clearly out of line, and again extremely racist. If you can’t post without doing that, then don’t respond. Whether I agree or disagree with someone’s stand, I don’t verbally get outline or get personal because of their opinion.

And there is nothing wrong or incorrect with what I said, which is why Dillion Brooks said what he said and the TEAM of players feel the same way as I stated.

My point is that , and factual, he does not want to play for the grizz or be a part of their organization, which is why an agreement was worked out. But the issue still stands that he was disgruntled with the trade. And They didnt and are not forcing him to report to practice or play games. They didn’t and don’t have to do that because he is under contract.

It’s a contract, and is created to give protection and benefits to both sides based on the CBA. Owner is contractual obligated to pay and provide benefits to players for their basketball services. And players are obligated to provide basketball services for the pay and benefits they receive. As long as the work conditions and labor rights are favorable for both parties, the contract should be met by both sides. Period.

If not, then what is the purpose of a contract or or cba? If players are allowed to cherry pick where they want to go, or owners are allowed to cherry pick the players that they want, there would be an unbalanced league.

D’Angelo Russell recently said it best regarding his trade rumors: I understand that this is a business first, and I can’t control where and I get traded to. If I get traded, then it is what it is, and and I will accept it accordingly based on my contract.

No racism. No prejudice. No forced labor. Just business based on contractual ties by owners and the players.. Pure math.

I’m the type of person, where if I agree to a contract, I will live out that contract until it expires or gets renewed, and as long as all agreements have been met. I’m not the type that would sit out because I wasn’t offered a new contract or I feel that I deserve money. Imagine if an owner was allowed to stop paying you because your play became lousy? They can trade you if they want, or propose a buyout, but they have to pay you.

Chris Paul, who is a hall of famer, and is the bigger and better star, was shipped off. He was basically thrown out by Houston. Here is a guy who has tasted playoff success over and over, and came from playing for two top teams. If there is anyone who should be throwing a fit or feel disrespected, it’s Chris.

What did Chris do? He handled it professionally based on his contract. He didn’t demand anything or refuse to play. He went and played basketball based on the team he now plays for and the agreements in his contract.

The players of Memphis are fed up with the matter, and want him gone as soon as possible. NBA is a place where everyone knows everyone. Its a community league more than any other sport. So for a player to say hey, either trade me or buy me out, and he did demand that, because I’m not going to play for your team and I don’t want to play for your team, is unprofessional to me . There is a CBA for a reason, so I’m glad the players of Memphis are telling dude to piss off, while they are suiting up and playing. Dude does not even want to practice with them or just show up on the bench to support the players.

And of course Memphis is not going to pay 85 percent of his contract to send him off to a contender while they are a playoff team, and get nothing in return. Suit up, mentor as a veteran, show your skills in the PO, and hopefully move on during the summer if that is still the mindset. That makes the most sense for ALL parties.