Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectJulian Williams
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2711005
2711005, Julian Williams
Posted by S_Ali, Tue Jan-21-20 11:26 AM
I have been actively resisting questioning the competence of fighters just because I'm not familiar with them. This weekend JRock defended his title against a fighter from the DR I have never seen fight. The fight was competitive but Rosario appeared to be the much bigger man and made relatively quick work of Williams. Williams was still sharp with his counters as we are accustomed to seeing. He had no problem hitting him but Rosario opened up a cut on Williams in the 2nd round and appeared determined to win a title Saturday night. Much like Williams when he fought Hurd. What does all this mean? I don't have a clue who is the best fighter at 154. Lubin could be the most talented. I haven't a clue.
2711016, Williams has the terrible trait of
Posted by Musa, Tue Jan-21-20 04:16 PM
trading with a puncher.

He didn't hold when he was hurt either.

I hope Lubin gets another title shot soon.

Isn't Andrade 154?
2711047, RE: Williams has the terrible trait of
Posted by S_Ali, Wed Jan-22-20 10:21 AM
>trading with a puncher.
>
>He didn't hold when he was hurt either.
>
>I hope Lubin gets another title shot soon.
>
>Isn't Andrade 154?

Andrade holds the WBO title at 160.

154 is clearly not settled and and that will likely be the case for some time before someone emerges as the guy. We simply will not know until they fight each other. I guess you can say the same about 147. Well at least until Crawford and Spence face off.
2711569, I was in the building for the last bout
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Sat Feb-01-20 06:16 AM
That shit did not sit well with me
No way you give the new unified champ a nga that can crack like THAT

it reeks of UNC trying to get him out the way

He was getting hit early w punches he absolutely shouldn’t have
Almost like he couldn’t see them

J rock one if my faves

I’m worried man