Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHate to check back in here and see who is on the wagon now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2710250&mesg_id=2710312
2710312, Hate to check back in here and see who is on the wagon now
Posted by B9, Fri Jan-10-20 11:39 AM
It's January and the Thunder are two injuries away from being mediocre, but it is good to see my initial doubts on CP3 were wrong. Presti put together a great team built around Adams that plays to Donovan's set play coaching ability and the rest of the roster has come together remarkably well after the initial hiccups. CP3 has space to be clutch late in close games because of the foul foundation the pick and rolls set up early in games. SGA's development and the picks I think makes the PG trade a solid win for Presti already and whatever Gallinari contributes when he's healthy is a solid plus.

But, again, especially with Nerlens hurt, if Adams and say Ferguson or Schroeder go down, this team has issues. Muscala may currently be the biggest talent dropoff from starter to bench in the NBA and he knows it. Donovan has luckily had the space to try and get him involved and comfortable with this offense, but his shot is gone. If they stay this hot through January, I could see Gallinari and a few of those picks being hocked for a decent Adams-like rental player. It is going to kill me when god damned Aron Baynes ends up on this team.