Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOkc Thunder and Chris Paul are the most clutch team/player in the NBA.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2710250
2710250, Okc Thunder and Chris Paul are the most clutch team/player in the NBA.
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-08-20 02:05 PM
Chris Paul leads the league in most points during the closing mins of the 4 quarter , and okc leads all teams with the most points during that same time and with the most comeback wins.

In clutch time, the Thunder are scoring 128.8 points per 100 possessions and allowing 84.9 for a net rating of 43.9. That is one crazy ass stat.

4/5ths of their closing lineup are top 4 in clutch points.

Paul
Shai
Schroeder
Danilo

When you have three ball handlers that can score anywhere on the court, that puts so much pressure on the defense. They can dribble and get to any spot.
They are basically Villanova of the league when Shai, Paul, and Schroeder are on the court together.

People thought Paul was going to mail it in and wait for a trade. Nope. I would not be surprised if this team goes to the finals. I have yet to watch a game where they
could not score. It’s like once the 4 quarter hits they go insane.

These dudes were supposed to be in extreme rebuild mode. On paper, they were supposed to be terrible. Plus they got 7 first round picks.

2710251, The Finals tho?
Posted by Hitokiri, Wed Jan-08-20 02:33 PM
2710252, RE: The Finals tho?
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-08-20 04:24 PM
Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if they go there. All that great and bad on paper stuff is just what it is, on paper

People Penciled philly in as going all the way, now you see them play, and they do not mesh and play well.

When Villanova started making their run, no one saw it ....wasnt even mentioned as one of the favorites.

Okc played clippers earlier in the year and lost 90-88, then they beat them later on 118-114. they played the lakers back to back and lost 112-107 and 130-127. And that was before they turned into what they are now.

Don’t sleep. This team can ball, hang and beat anyone.

2710253, He's my MVP
Posted by Cenario, Wed Jan-08-20 05:42 PM
2710278, Yeah he is definitely in the MVP conversation right now.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-09-20 01:28 PM
What he is doing with that team at 21-16. Team was written off, and everyone ( including people on this board)!said he was washed and done. Dude was lambasted last year and blamed for the rockets downfall.

If he can stay healthy, and okc as a whole, because Danilo and Nerlens are injured right now and have had some injuries, this team can continue to be a huge surprise.

Also Paul’s Value has definitely went up, hopefully, he doesnt get traded and okc just continues to build with what they have......because it is working and you dont break what is working.

2710254, OKsports Trolling, interesting.
Posted by isaaaa, Wed Jan-08-20 06:44 PM

> Nope. I would not be surprised if this team goes to the
>finals. I have yet to watch a game where they
>could not score. It’s like once the 4 quarter hits they go
>insane.

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

¨Your mother is Colin Powell¨ - Lurkmode

www.Tupreme.com
2710256, RE: OKsports Trolling, interesting.
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-08-20 07:17 PM
Why is that trolling?

Me stating that I wouldn’t be surprised If they get to the finals?

Do you watch basketball?

There are lot of teams where I would not be surprised if they get to the finals:

Indiana, Dallas, Houston, and OKC. Those teams have some serious ability.

I never said they would go to the finals....I’m merely saying they can beat and hang with every team in the league, and have the scoring and closing ability.

Boy, people just have it automatically pencilled in that either the clippers and lakers going. I like the clippers a lot, but they got issues just like the lakers on why they might not get there.
2710255, I’ve watched all 37 games...
Posted by Dstl1, Wed Jan-08-20 07:03 PM
and we ain’t going to no Finals, lol. This has been fun, though...considering the summer we had. Chris embraced his role as veteran leader, Gallo balls...even though his default look is he’d rather be anywhere else, Shaivonte just gets better and better and Billy’s 3 point guard lineup has been nails.
2710258, RE: I’ve watched all 37 games...
Posted by allStah, Wed Jan-08-20 07:35 PM
Never say never, fam

Everyone had patriots /chiefs and saints/ Dallas in the super bowl before the season started . Not one mention of the titans, ravens or 49ers.Now look at those teams. It’s always the ones that you least expect.

I love good underdogs... and OKC has something brewing. Kind of reminds me with what Larry Brown did with the pistons and how they came out of nowhere with that squad.

Not say they will get there, just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if they do get there or the WCF.

Love watching these cats put in work against the so called top teams.

2710266, I think you vastly underestimate 7 game series.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jan-09-20 02:17 AM
2710272, Lmao... you’re like that dude at the barbershop who says wild shit
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-09-20 10:11 AM
to keep the party going

No one takes it seriously tho.

2710275, RE: Lmao... you’re like that dude at the barbershop who says wild shit
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-09-20 01:01 PM
Yeah it’s wild shit to say you wouldn’t be surprised if a team makes it to the final. That’s some pretty wild shit. Gotcha.

Anyway, Watch these cats play. They are 21-16. Probably the biggest surprise of the season. Paul the other night scored 20 points in the 4th quarter. Tonight’s game is going to be a huge test against Houston, but Danilo and Nerlens are out so Capela might eat. Not a huge Steve Adams fan.

2710276, Yes... it’s crazy talk
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jan-09-20 01:13 PM
and while they are playing better than expected that’s still no reason to say Finals.

I could see if they were up 3-1 in the second round but it’s not even All Star break yet.

2710295, Let me help you with English.
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-09-20 05:13 PM
More than likely, okc will not get to the finals.
I’m not saying they are going to the finals , and could very well fall off later.

I’m saying I would not be surprised if they get to the finals based on their current team and play. It’s not even a prediction. I’m merely saying what this team is doing and could possibly do would not be surprising.

2710296, well the rest of us would be f*cking stunned
Posted by Tiger Woods, Thu Jan-09-20 05:18 PM

>I’m saying I would not be surprised if they get to the
>finals based on their current team and play.

2710306, basically... shocked is an understatement.
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Jan-10-20 08:28 AM
2710274, Maybe they should play 48 minutes like it’s crunch time
Posted by bentagain, Thu Jan-09-20 12:59 PM
Can’t believe there’s a CPPLea post in 2020

Nobody questions his skill

Folks putting on the cape for CPPLea may just be insane, given the results of his career

i.e. we know how this ends

He gets injured, misses significant time

Team tanks out of the playoffs, or eats a 1st round L.
2710288, RE: Maybe they should play 48 minutes like it’s crunch time
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-09-20 03:33 PM
Damn dog.

People wrote this dude off, said he was done, but he makes every team better that he goes to. Give him credit fam.

He could have pulled a Kawhi or an AD. Naw he didn’t do any of that superstar shit. My man sucked it up and balled. Those are the teams and players I support.
2710283, The western conference is the weakest it’s been in a while
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jan-09-20 02:21 PM
2710286, RE: The western conference is the weakest it’s been in a while
Posted by allStah, Thu Jan-09-20 03:24 PM
This is true.
2710299, Handling the Rockets, right now....
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jan-09-20 10:55 PM
on Russ’ return to the Peake...and KD and Kendrick Perkins going at it on Twitter. I love the NBA.
2710300, Shai-Gorgeous
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jan-09-20 11:08 PM
2710308, kids hitting step back 3s now
Posted by Amritsar, Fri Jan-10-20 10:36 AM
2710311, I swear he's adding facets to his game in real time
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Jan-10-20 11:11 AM
2710301, This team can hang with anyone.
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-10-20 12:15 AM
They can score, play defense, hit threes, play slow, play fast.
And Paul gives them That hi IQ element. They don’t do stupid shit.
Okc played dumbed as hell with Westbrook, and you see Houston playing dumb now.

Happy for Paul. I hope he can pull it off, and Billy is happy coaching him
and this squad.

OKC smashed those cats.

Let everyone continue to sleep.
2710307, dribble dribble was clowning last night.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jan-10-20 10:26 AM
breh took it to the park, threw it through somebody legs, floater, and subbed himself out to close the game lol.
2710312, Hate to check back in here and see who is on the wagon now
Posted by B9, Fri Jan-10-20 11:39 AM
It's January and the Thunder are two injuries away from being mediocre, but it is good to see my initial doubts on CP3 were wrong. Presti put together a great team built around Adams that plays to Donovan's set play coaching ability and the rest of the roster has come together remarkably well after the initial hiccups. CP3 has space to be clutch late in close games because of the foul foundation the pick and rolls set up early in games. SGA's development and the picks I think makes the PG trade a solid win for Presti already and whatever Gallinari contributes when he's healthy is a solid plus.

But, again, especially with Nerlens hurt, if Adams and say Ferguson or Schroeder go down, this team has issues. Muscala may currently be the biggest talent dropoff from starter to bench in the NBA and he knows it. Donovan has luckily had the space to try and get him involved and comfortable with this offense, but his shot is gone. If they stay this hot through January, I could see Gallinari and a few of those picks being hocked for a decent Adams-like rental player. It is going to kill me when god damned Aron Baynes ends up on this team.
2710313, yeah, me and a buddy have a running joke now....
Posted by Dstl1, Fri Jan-10-20 12:20 PM
about Presti flying to show up on Muscala's doorstep. We are remarkably thin (no pun, because Nerlens is skinny) behind Stevo. I said a few weeks ago in another post...I don't expect Gallo or Dennis to make it til the end of the season. Dennis has expressed his desire to start and with the exception of the occasional 'WTF was that, Dennis" play...he is playing like it. Not going to lie...watching this team has been so much better on my blood pressure. It was such a stressful watch last year, because of the expectations. Now, I just watch and it's fun. I love Russ, always will root for him until he hangs em' up...but it's Thunder Up til the casket drops.
2710314, I keep saying that, too. No anxiety watching this team vs Russ' teams
Posted by B9, Fri Jan-10-20 12:56 PM
Even when we'd win comfortably with Russ, it is so anxiety-inducing watching an iso gunner iso gun, especially with how cold he could get and the inability to get other guys involved to bail him out when it would happen. Now, it's just a joy to watch predictable but fast paced ball. Even games we lose I can see the upside in.
2710316, RE: Hate to check back in here and see who is on the wagon now
Posted by allStah, Fri Jan-10-20 01:39 PM
Regarding injuries, this is true. That could really stifle their progression. However, they have shown they can win without Danilo and Noel. I thought Capela and Houston would eat a little without having the defensive presence of Noel in the paint. But Furgeson was huge in his defense on Harden, and OKC’s three ball handlers ran all over them. Damn game was over in the first quarter.

As long as the three guards can stay healthy, they will always be a threat in games, but if one of them goes down, then that would kill their entire system.

But OKC is winning like crazy....mad draft picks, solid young players to build around, good coach, good fan base, healthy salary cap. Rebuilding without a drop off, and could possibly contend.

Lost harden, didn’t skip a beat
Lost Ibaka, didn’t skip a beat
Lost Durant, didn’t skip a beat
Lost Westbrook, not skipping a beat.

Can any other franchise say that for an entire decade?

No need to break what is working. Don’t make any moves to the end of the year.
2710367, Getting 24 pieced at the half against the B squad? Damn.
Posted by Ryan M, Sat Jan-11-20 09:12 PM
2710368, Ugh, man...for real?
Posted by Dstl1, Sat Jan-11-20 09:14 PM
2710369, You got the nerve to come in here after you said rondo was washed?
Posted by allStah, Sat Jan-11-20 09:31 PM
The man who has them killing right now...he is outplaying Paul which is the difference . Paul always has trouble with rondo.

Lol

No doubt the lakers are killing.

You wack as hell.
2710376, So Lakers making the finals without AD and Bron, right?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Sat Jan-11-20 10:18 PM

Address the issue

2710416, RE: So Lakers making the finals without AD and Bron, right?
Posted by allStah, Sat Jan-11-20 11:37 PM
You silly as hell.

Lol
2710424, It's a fair question
Posted by Orbit_Established, Sun Jan-12-20 12:49 AM
>You silly as hell.
>
>Lol
2710609, This team can really score in bunches.....
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-14-20 10:55 AM
Paul had like zero points in the first half, and didn't even record a single stat in the first quarter. was a bad game for him, but Shai was on fire. ..Either they all score like crazy or one of them will score like crazy.

They need some solid bigs though. Noel gets injured too much, and even though he provides great defense, does nothing offensively. And Steve Adams does not do it for me.

See if they can package adams with a few of those draft picks that they have and go after Drummond or Love. That would make a huge difference with inside rebounding and scoring.
2710715, The Thunder Win Again
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jan-16-20 10:14 AM
They have made some all-time Ls with regard to losing talent but when they do, it seems like they find a way to salvage it.

Because SGA, dogg?
2710777, Gotta throw some respect on CP3's name. He is a competitor
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jan-16-20 06:05 PM
He's one of the few guys in the NBA I got to know a little, in a way I usually only hockey players.

I can tell you I never expected him to "phone it in" and I always thought that the SGA pickup was a steal.

Now, that said, yes, I did think an aging guy, a journeyman guy and a really young guy who all played the same position was an iffy fit and even if this team played to its potential, they took HUGE losses from what was already not a real contender. So I expected them to be picking in the 8-12 range in the draft with their own pick.

I don't know if they can sustain this--some teams have the potential to turn it on, and injuries could torpedo OKC--but I've been very impressed with them this year.

Paul in particular I knew would give it his all, but the questions were 1) his health and 2) the lingering possibility of another trade maybe dampening continuity. Both had been pretty solid so far.
2710778, Wait now I just read the whole post? THE FINALS!?!
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jan-16-20 06:06 PM
I would be fall-on-the-floor-dead shocked if they made the finals, even if everything holds how it is.
2711010, RE: Wait now I just read the whole post? THE FINALS!?!
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-21-20 02:31 PM
The way they play in the 4th against contenders, and not only the offense, but the defense around the perimeter goes to another level in the 4th.

Not saying they are going to the finals, but a lot of people are starting to see the great potential in this team. I wouldn’t be surprised with anything this team does.

Again not saying they are going to the finals or will win the championship, but I would not be surprised that they get there.

Three guard and four guard systems, which is rarely used in the nba, the teams that have used them in college, Villanova, Illinois made unexpected noise and got to the championship.

Right now okc is the best story in the NBA..and I was on them wayyyy before people started noticing. They caught my eye with those laker losses, and how they run circles around them and putting up points. I’m Like this team has something and whatever it is ...it’s working.

If paul pulls this off, man it would be epic.
2710995, RE: Okc Thunder and Chris Paul are the most clutch team/player in the NBA.
Posted by allStah, Mon Jan-20-20 11:51 PM
These dudes are straight Villanova!

Houston didn’t know what hit them in the 4th.
2711011, RE: Okc Thunder and Chris Paul are the most clutch team/player in the NBA.
Posted by allStah, Tue Jan-21-20 02:46 PM
Chris Paul just stated that he is not opting out of the final year of his deal , which is a no brainer. But he is all in with this squad100 percent.

2711140, RE: Okc Thunder and Chris Paul are the most clutch team/player in the NBA.
Posted by allStah, Sat Jan-25-20 09:14 AM
Paul : 48 fg percentage / 37 percent from 3
Danilo : 44 fg percentage / 41 percent from 3
Shai: 47 fg percentage / 34 percent from 3
Schroder : 47 fg percentage / 38 percent from 3

How do you want it? Inside or out?

In the first or 4th quarter?

Murked a highly defensive Orlando team and then shot the lights out
Of a wack Atlanta team.
2712478, RE: Okc Thunder and Chris Paul are the most clutch team/player in the NBA.
Posted by allStah, Fri Feb-21-20 10:19 PM
Chris Paul is having an amazing year. Giving the business to his haters.

Putting all of Denver on skates.

First in the league in clutch points.

Keep up the Cinderella run.
2713166, Cinderella wants to get to that big dance
Posted by allStah, Mon Mar-09-20 12:53 PM
Paul did a number on the Celtics. The best story of the season, and honorable mvp mention.. everybody dog this dude. He deserves an O’Brien.

Dennis the menace stripped Kemba in the last seconds and scored the winner ...Fucking nuts of how clutch this team is.

Keep rocking Chris
2721006, It worked!
Posted by allStah, Tue Sep-22-20 05:26 PM
Thank you.

Peace.
2721172, They made the finals?
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Sep-24-20 07:38 AM