Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectif you haven't already, go check out the #SpeakingOut hashtag
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2709907&mesg_id=2715812
2715812, if you haven't already, go check out the #SpeakingOut hashtag
Posted by pretentious username, Fri Jun-19-20 02:17 PM
a shitload of wrestlers getting called out for sexual/emotional/physical abuse, many trainers getting called out for creeping on young trainees, even some referees and ring announcers are being named. Mostly men but a couple women have been outed as abusers as well. The UK scene has especially been hit hard and it doesn't appear to be slowing down. There will almost certainly be some firings from WWE and AEW.

Perhaps most disappointing to me is Progress Wrestling's complicity. Other companies don't surprise me, but this is a company that bills itself as progressive and literally kicks out fans for being dickheads. A fan emailed Progress management about Jimmy Havoc assaulting them at a bar after the show, and their response was that he was just staying in character. Given how many of their workers have been named I'm sure there's even more to it.

I'm absolutely disgusted. A couple of my faves have been named and I don't feel right supporting those individuals anymore. Your mileage may vary on some of the evidence, but please don't be like the shitheads on Twitter who are knee-jerk defending these fucks.