Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: re: nWo part
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2709907&mesg_id=2713913
2713913, RE: re: nWo part
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Apr-06-20 07:11 PM
>Was the significance everybody always wanting WWE to turn
>Cena heel Hogan/nWo style during his SuperCena run or is there
>something deeper there?
>
>>I myself missed the significance of the nWo part until I
>read
>>about it. Even without that, I loved it. I'm gonna watch it
>>again with that in mind and I assume I'm gonna think it's
>the
>>best thing they've ever done.
>

Stroud’s theory makes a lot of sense. Cena basically turns heel during the funhouse match because he’s not accepting what Bray is trying to tell him about himself: he sold out his original boyhood dreams to fit into what Vince wanted from his main stars. And then he eventually bought his own hype so much that he let Vince use him to abuse others who didn’t fit into the vision. You know the guys: the indy darlings like Punk or a fat guy like Bray.

And similar to Hulk going nWo, it’s a huge turn. But typical Cena, he doesn’t fully accept the turn so he just attacks Bray again instead of fully going along with the promo. Then the editing shows this failure to accept Bray’s version of the truth matching up with all of the other times Cena failed. Losing to Punk and losing Vince’s title, losing to Brock at Summerfest, getting punked by Taker, losing to AJ Styles and Reigns, all of that.

The end is Bray turning into the Fiend to save himself from Cena this time and righting the wrong of their old Mania match. And then he takes Cena’s words about Bray being entitled and overrated and turns them around him for the 2nd time in the match.

Yeah, it’s good times with this interpretation and I figure there’s other stuff or maybe other theories. I just watched it for a 2nd time. It’s excellently nerdy. And Cena is good shit for being down to do it. Especially if he actually sells it in any way going forward.